Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine

realityflair

Nov 26, 2012
Mason City, Iowa, United States
Klute-
I don't know the story on this one...but I do know that someone with 0 feedback sniped my Russell Wilson Red Topps Platinum Refractor #2/5 with 10 seconds to go on Sunday night. The next morning I saw he had feedback from a couple other people that said he was overbidding on auction to ruin them with no intention to pay....I did still wait the 4 days to make a complaint and put it back on....but it definately ruined my week. It may have literally cost me hundreds of dollars because I had to put it back on myself wich looks a little suspicious. With that being said, and not jumping to conclusions, if he did Shill he ruins the hobby for everyone and should be taken out back to the woodshed.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. One of my 2 classes were cancelled for the day. Otherwise nothing going on here today

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Morning boys! Laying around with the kids for now while Kelly does some grocery shopping. Thinking about hitting a couple antique stores before work today to try and find a nice desk. What's everyone up to on this foggy Friday?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Morning boys! Laying around with the kids for now while Kelly does some grocery shopping. Thinking about hitting a couple antique stores before work today to try and find a nice desk. What's everyone up to on this foggy Friday?

We went antiquing Sunday. Wasn't bad. Found a few items from the 1982 Knoxville TN Worlds Fair. The year I was born. I have a bunch of stuff from it. My mother and father-in-law both actually attended it.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
We went antiquing Sunday. Wasn't bad. Found a few items from the 1982 Knoxville TN Worlds Fair. The year I was born. I have a bunch of stuff from it. My mother and father-in-law both actually attended it.

Oh nice, that's pretty cool. I might hit up a thrift shop or two also. For some reason, the town I moved to has 6 antique shops and the town I just moved from has 4 thrift stores and 2 antique stores.

Are you still working 3rd shift, Mario?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Oh nice, that's pretty cool. I might hit up a thrift shop or two also. For some reason, the town I moved to has 6 antique shops and the town I just moved from has 4 thrift stores and 2 antique stores.

Are you still working 3rd shift, Mario?

Yup, straight midnights. I get off work at 7am on Friday morning and have to go back at 11am on Sunday night, so it makes for a pretty short weekend. But that beats the hell out of having to work 12 hours on Saturday, then 12 hours on Sunday.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Yup, straight midnights. I get off work at 7am on Friday morning and have to go back at 11am on Sunday night, so it makes for a pretty short weekend. But that beats the hell out of having to work 12 hours on Saturday, then 12 hours on Sunday.

No kidding. Is the third shift thing temporary or just what you're going to be doing for a while? Back in the day my Dad was going in around 3 pm and getting off around 3 am six days a week and he absolutely hated it.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning!

I'm in fishing mode for the next 6 weeks. Finally got the shack on the ice, and it's rain this morning. This won't last long, cold front is coming through tonight. Our group of fishermen caught these last night.

002.JPG
001.JPG
004.JPG
My friend Greg with a really nice smallmouth bass, caught and released.

003.JPG
005.JPG

I caught this northern pike, just legal, 24-1/2".

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
No kidding. Is the third shift thing temporary or just what you're going to be doing for a while? Back in the day my Dad was going in around 3 pm and getting off around 3 am six days a week and he absolutely hated it.

It'll be like a year in March of straight mids. I actually like it. I can come home from work, my wife's a teacher, so she's just leaving, and I can sit here, have a few beers, watch what I have DVR'd, get up later on and have dinner with her, then off to work. I'd much rather have midnights than second shift from 3-11. I would HATE that too. It'd ruin my day, because I'd get off at 11, come home, dick around, then sleep until 2. It would be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts