Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ending a long search on a high note (patience is rewarded)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Sometimes there’s a card out there that should be fairly easy to locate, but for whatever reason you just can’t find. This was the case with the last card I needed to complete my Pedro Alvarez rookie card collection: the 2011 A&G “no-number” mini.

For about 4-5 years I’ve been looking in the usual places, and even though there are supposedly 50 of them made I never saw one available. The only reason I knew it existed was because it was listed on COMC under the “sold out” section for the past several years.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and one finally showed up on ebay with an opening bid of just $1.99! I quickly messaged the seller to let him know that I planned on bidding at the end and to please not end the auction early. He quickly replied that he wouldn’t. A week went by and I placed my bid (an aggressive bid, I might add).

I won! For $1.99 plus s/h. With the numerous mini collectors and Ginter collectors in general that are out there, I was quite surprised I had the only bid on this elusive card. I received the card a few days ago. I left feedback and messaged the seller one last time to explain that I’d been looking for it for a while (and why). He replied with a very nice message and REFUNDED MY PAYMENT…said the card was a gift and congrats on finishing my collection!

There are still 12 cards that I don’t have, but they’re all 1/1s so I consider my little Alvarez collection finished. Done. Completed. I’ll scan everything and create a new thread to show all the cards soon.

Anyway…with the many ebay horror stories and scams these days, the main point of this thread is to recognize a good seller for once: [URL="http://www.ebay.com/sch/rwc99usa2012/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=10&_rdc=1]rwc99usa2012[/URL]
Thanks for reading!

AnGminiNNO_zpsvx1erzy0.jpg

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That's fantastic, congratulations! The "finished, done, completed" feeling is always so gratifying :)

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
That dude deserves some good karma. I'll search his auctions and see if he has anything I might want to purchase.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Job..........................

I need to look.....but I think I pulled one out of my case back in 2011.....and I had it on my dresser.....(I know why my dresser) because in my room ( like Brian Wilson) is why I do my breaks.....lol

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Job..........................

I need to look.....but I think I pulled one out of my case back in 2011.....and I had it on my dresser.....(I know why my dresser) because in my room ( like Brian Wilson) is why I do my breaks.....lol
Dude.
If you casually grab one off your night stand and show me that I wasted all that time searching, I'm gonna reach through the internet and choke you.
:)

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Congrats!

Those cards can be tough to find. Of the ones that aren't locked up in collections, a fair number must go unnoticed/forgotten because of how ordinary they look.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Wishing I can get that lucky. Need 1 Descalso card 2012 Factory Orange /190. Shouldn't be this hard to find but I have seen 2 total since 2012 and most recently the auction ended early. I will pay more than that card should go for to own it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Dude.
If you casually grab one off your night stand and show me that I wasted all that time searching, I'm gonna reach through the internet and choke you.
:)
Ha hhahahhaha I looked yesterday and the wifey said they are now done in the basement in a box as of just last weekend

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts