Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hardest part of being a fan of your team...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Dealing with fans who have zero knowledge of the team and sport.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Ruben Amaro and awful contracts. Also, constantly trading away and adequate talent in the minors for rentals and crap. Phillies won't be competitive for several years. Bleh.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
1 playoff series win in the last 20 years despite making the playoffs many times.

The constant trades that make it hard to root for people since almost everybody has been on the team for fewer than 3 years.

The crappy stadium that wouldn't be quite as crappy if the Raiders hadn't ruined it. But it'd still be LITERALLY crappy because of the sewage back-ups.

Having another team so close that spends more money and has a nice stadium and gets all of the local media coverage and way more fans.

And finally, the most famous person on the team by far is the GENERAL MANAGER.

I totally agree with this! The Raiders ruined what was, at the time, a great baseball stadium. I loved going to Oakland and catching an A's game. Now the stadium is ugly, the field is crap at the end of the season, and the prices are crazy on everything. I am not a Giants fan, but love going to their stadium for the Bay-Bridge games. I miss the old Coliseum.:cry:

WaxPax

This Friedman/Maddon business got me thinking....what's the hardest part of rooting for your team? I'm sure we can guess the answer for Cubs fans, but for the Mets and my fan life id say it was the early/mid 90s when there were incidents with bleach, and firecrackers and Bobby Bo's contract. What say you?

The hardest part is sharing the city with the Yankees...Now I might be a bit older than you, but the post Seaver era was absolutely dreadful 1977-83, especially with the Yankees winning in 77&78

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
As a Yankees fan, the words "re building" and "patience" are not acceptable.

And if the team doesn't make the playoffs, well, might as well fire the batting coach and drop another half a billion during the off season.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
As a Phillies fan, I appreciate that every decade or two they can get it together to put up a championship-level team. But the intervening years tend to be filled with absolute dreadfulness, with no hope ever coming into view until all of a sudden it's just there.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
As a Phillies fan the hardest part for me were the mid 60's into the 70's. As a kid, most of those teams were dreadful. But I can't really complain since they won it all in 80 and 08. Go Phillies!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Top 10 Worst Things about being a Cub Fan (David Letterman Style):
7) Bad patch pieces in our team's baseball cards

I like two Cubs pieces in my PC - one is part of the left front chest "C" patch, one is a nice white jersey swatch with the pinstripe (not a patch, but cool nonetheless).

As for my reply to the thread:

Isotopes (AAA)

A lot of turnover from season to season as many players are 1 year minor league free agents. The good turnover is when the players get called up to the big club. There will be entire turnover this upcoming season because of Dodgers to Rockies affiliation switch, but with the free agents, I bet there will be at least one former Isotope to make the 2015's Isotopes club due to signing a minor league free agent contract to change organizations to the Rockies or Rockies pick up a waiver player and assign him to Albuquerque.

Other thing - no representation in Topps' national minor league releases and accordingly no manufactured logo or mascot relic or cert auto/jersey swatch from a player depicted in Isotopes colors. There was Charlie Haeger in Topps' first Pro Debut release in the AAA All-Stars insert but I havent seen any players in Isotopes uniforms in the base set. They are depicted as Chattanooga Lookouts for purposes of cert auto or base. My gut says the Isotopes do not have a logo usage contract with Topps thus Topps uses current Isotope players in their Double-A uniforms/team name on card.

Members online