Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who do u find most annoying in sports?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
With all the NBA free agent signings every DB on sports networks have to give their two cents about everything. I find 3 guys more annoying than any others.

3. Jason Whitlock
2. Russo

1. By a mile. Stephen A. "Awful hairline" Smith

I'm wondering who u guys can't stand. I'm sure ol Skip is high on people's lists

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Stephen A. Smith looks like some sort of Muppet.

Dennis & Callahan on WEEI (Boston station) are two of the worst radio hosts I have ever heard in my entire life. When they stick to sports, they're almost passable. Almost. But they manage to give every sports story a politically conservative viewpoint, which inevitably devolves into name-calling, Fox News-style BS, and general bashing of anyone who doesn't share their hard-right viewpoints. Listening to those guys try to talk sports is like listening to a blind guy try to explain colors.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
In baseball: Hawk Harrelson, John Sterling, and Manny Machados face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I can't stand Russo. All he does is yell.

Anything on ESPN except 30 for 30's.

For some reason I absolutely can't stand when coaches/managers get interviewed during the game. In baseball, they usually do it on Fox broadcasts. And in college basketball they do it to the coaches when they are leaving the court at half time. For some reason, that drives me up the wall. The coaches/managers have a job to do, let them do it. That's what the media session is for after the game.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
sports radio is constant NBA and NFL talk even in the offseason. When does MLB get any love on sports radio? Not very often unless it's a huge trade, huge free agent signing or someone had a milestone or super fantastic game.

for the sports hobby, people pay good coin for essentially JPGs of cards. I'd rather have physical if I'm going to be plunking down actual money. Thankfully I don't have to spend any money to get a few JPGs of cards.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
sports radio is constant NBA and NFL talk even in the offseason. When does MLB get any love on sports radio? Not very often unless it's a huge trade, huge free agent signing or someone had a milestone or super fantastic game.

for the sports hobby, people pay good coin for essentially JPGs of cards. I'd rather have physical if I'm going to be plunking down actual money. Thankfully I don't have to spend any money to get a few JPGs of cards.

I think baseball gets more radio coverage locally. I never listen to national shows but my local SF station is always talking Giants. Baseball is such a regional sport now and I can't understand why. Maybe because u need to pay a lot more attention to baseball with it being played daily?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Sterling for sure. He thinks he's on par with the greats, but his shtick and mannerisms are weak versions of Uek and Caray.

But how much do I hate Skip? Let's just say I'd rather Stephen A. take over the delivery of every sports radio I hear if it meant Bayless would never utter another word.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I think baseball gets more radio coverage locally. I never listen to national shows but my local SF station is always talking Giants. Baseball is such a regional sport now and I can't understand why. Maybe because u need to pay a lot more attention to baseball with it being played daily?

If the station you refer to is KNBR, it's probably a lot of Giants talk because it's their flagship station so you're almost required to hype and promote and talk the Giants all the time.

I have no MLB team within 8 driving hours of here so it's not like the local sports talk can hype and promote the MLB team. The local sports radio mirrors national sports radio with heavy emphasis on NFL and NBA whether in-season or out of season.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
If the station you refer to is KNBR, it's probably a lot of Giants talk because it's their flagship station so you're almost required to hype and promote and talk the Giants all the time.

I have no MLB team within 8 driving hours of here so it's not like the local sports talk can hype and promote the MLB team. The local sports radio mirrors national sports radio with heavy emphasis on NFL and NBA whether in-season or out of season.

Yeah its Knbr, the sac station talks quite a bit of baseball too but with the A's not being good its been less this year

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Every time I see Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith talking to each other on TV, I have to think there is some ESPN exec laughing his balls off at the huge punking off the sports public he's managed to pull off.

For that matter, now that I have Sirius again and get to listen to baseball from around the country, most announcers are collectively the worst. They're nearly all poor descriptors of action (though I suppose some of them are actually TV feeds) but most have been boring and seem to be bored, going off on tangents, inside jokes, and then spouting cliches when they decide to talk about baseball. The other day a team was up 3-0 in the 7th, and the announcer said,"I think he (manager of winning team) would be more comfortable with a couple more runs on the board." No way, Prometheus, three runs is an insurmountable lead.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Two pages in and no one mentioned Lebatard, Stugotz or Francessa?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Two pages in and no one mentioned Lebatard, Stugotz or Francessa?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It's a most annoying thread.. Dan and Stugotz are the two BEST things in sports. I think their meteoric rise is a testament to people understanding that entertainment with their sports is where the masses want to be.

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
Well, it used to be McCarver and Theismann in the nfl... I cringed at the sound of their voices... And if I had to choose between Bayless and Smith, I'd take Skip...

Members online

Latest posts