Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

#1 eBay Pet Peeve Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
What is the #1 thing related to buying or selling on eBay that just drives you nuts?

For me it is when I have a card listed BIN Best Offer and I get a message asking what my best price is on the card. Make an offer! Grrrrrrr!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
When you throw out a best offer that's within reason (most of mine are about $8 - $20 less than the BIN price) and it's an automatic rejection.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Auctions that have "no auto" or "no autograph" in the title when I'm searching for autographed cards.

Also, L@@K! and HOT! drive me crazy for some reason.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I hate searching for patch cards, only to open the listing to see the card is nothing but a plain grey jersey piece.Listing your auctions correctly shouldn't be that difficult.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Honestly I wish eBay would incorporate a way to take fees out right as a person pays for an item. I really hate paying eBay fees every month in one lump sum.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Honestly I wish eBay would incorporate a way to take fees out right as a person pays for an item. I really hate paying eBay fees every month in one lump sum.

I can't tell you how I know, and I may need to get rid of all that read this thread, but that is coming to ebay soon. From what I understand, there will soon be no more ebay/paypal collections/billing, and the fees will come right out of your payment for a sale. I don't have an ETA, but it's coming.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I can't tell you how I know, and I may need to get rid of all that read this thread, but that is coming to ebay soon. From what I understand, there will soon be no more ebay/paypal collections/billing, and the fees will come right out of your payment for a sale. I don't have an ETA, but it's coming.
PayPal does it already, makes sense for eBay to do it.

I have a number of gripes, so I'll give:

As a seller: ridiculous low-ball offers. This extends to the "what's the lowest price you'll take?" and repeated messages about "now will you take $X.YZ?" after multiple days pass.

As a buyer: crappy pictures in a listing with misleading descriptions. You either give a nice large scan so I can decide or give as accurate a description as you can. This is a near tie with the seller that is too cheap to even just tape the toploader closed, let alone a team bag. I've received too many floaters lately.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
When my players are mentioned in the description buy gas nothing to do with the item.

"Rare"

Can you please put the serial number!

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area

Yes, totally. I don't sell a ton on eBay, but I really dislike the way fees happen. My solution? I pay each and every fee as each sale happens. I sold a card for $8 today? I'll go ahead and pay that fee now. I sold a lot of cards for $12.50 yesterday? I paid the fee right away. I might sell 1-5 items a month. I pay each auction's fee individually as I get charged.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
When my players are mentioned in the description buy gas nothing to do with the item.

"Rare"

Can you please put the serial number!

This. So many items pop up when I search for Darryl Kile because he was somebody's teammate or threw a pitch at someone and the seller has decided to give a career retrospective on the player in the auction.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts