Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free To Good Home - Low End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Let's add a little life to the thread... It's not much, but this is available

View attachment 37316View attachment 37317

I'd love a chance for that one :) Regardless if it comes to me or not, I will add this to give away...

june12.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=10018]BenG76[/MENTION] gets the McGiff I believe if it's still up as of last night, which I think it is.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
There has been a certain level of expectation with this thread, at least in recent times. It almost makes you feel guilty to claim something. The cards are offered free, but you are expected to contribute cards yourself and to "not be greedy and abusive" with claims. Both are very reasonable expectations, but is it really a "free" card if it comes with conditions. Maybe that is why people are shying away?

I posted some things a while back and didn't even get a sniff. I have also claimed two singles, both I would consider to be fairly low end items.

The format of a thread might be a downfall, because with all the side comments and such, the actual free cards that don't get claimed are pushed further back into the thread and most people aren't going to wade through dozens of old pages in hopes something is still left unclaimed. I don't really have a suggestion as to a better way to offer though.

Really surprised a thread with free cards doesn't attract more members.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
There has been a certain level of expectation with this thread, at least in recent times. It almost makes you feel guilty to claim something. The cards are offered free, but you are expected to contribute cards yourself and to "not be greedy and abusive" with claims. Both are very reasonable expectations, but is it really a "free" card if it comes with conditions. Maybe that is why people are shying away?

I posted some things a while back and didn't even get a sniff. I have also claimed two singles, both I would consider to be fairly low end items.

The format of a thread might be a downfall, because with all the side comments and such, the actual free cards that don't get claimed are pushed further back into the thread and most people aren't going to wade through dozens of old pages in hopes something is still left unclaimed. I don't really have a suggestion as to a better way to offer though.

Posting a card after you claim isn't mandatory, but it is nice since it keeps the thread fresh. Claiming only what you PC and not being greedy/abusive with claims should just be common sense, and no one giving away something for free should feel taken advantage of.
To your other point, if you post stuff and no one claims it, and a few pages go by, you can repost it, or quote it and say that those cards are still available, or just chalk it up to no one wanting them and post something else.
This is one of the best and longest running continuous thread here on FCB, mostly because of the generosity of members here, but also because of the slightly relaxed but still enforced rules.
I for one, applaud everyone involved in here, and wouldn't change a thing!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Guys, it's a free thread. Period. Don't hijack the thread with discussion otherwise. This has been a bright spot on FCB for some time. I feel I can say all this because I was a contributor to the start of it and have sent probably 50 cards away for free since the beginning.

Carry on. Good cards put up here recently.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online