Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Right place, meet right time. $15 BIN, BOOM!

img895.jpg

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
TEN YEARS later, I finally got a hold of one of this.
attachment.php

Goes well with the rest of them.
attachment.php

Now, where is that I WILL NEVER OWN 1of1???

Same with the 2004 version. I only completed with the status sometime last year.

attachment.php

Nice job on that Ripken! What you have is the gold status /24, not the actual status card. The actual status card is /8 (Ripken's jersey #) and he has one in 2004 Donruss Elite (it's blue) and 2005 Donruss Elite (it's red). Status cards are a royal pain to find since they are serial #ed to a player's jersey #, which for most superstar players is a low #.

Another side note - the players Aspirations card and the Status card always add up to 100 total serial #ed cards.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Dunno, unless you see them inhand hard to tell.

Yes, they exist. Besides the Bernie's, I know I had Pudge, Sosa, Andruw, and few others that I can't think or right now. May have a few left. I had one of the Gold Glove player Samples too, but I can't recall the player right now. I'll post up any I can find if I still have any.

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I had no idea that they had HoloView versions of the Title Waves cards from 2001 Elite. In quick ebay searching, they all look the same. Makes me wonder how many Holoviews I have passed up. I wish there was a list made that says "this card is exactly the same except for one difference that can only be told if the seller takes a decent enough picture, and takes the time to list the serial number, because if its the first hundred or so of a print run it is a different card". Kind of goes along with how they would die cut the beginning print run of a card. I guess I need to really study my checklist, even though that doesnt tell you details. It just lists it as another card.

2001%20Donruss%20Elite%20Title%20Waves%20Holo-Foil%20TW6%200023%20of%201994.jpg

Members online