Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I have a question for all you fine Will Clark collector folks here. I noticed a lot of Star promo Clarks fetching a good amount of cash. Is this typical?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I have a question for all you fine Will Clark collector folks here. I noticed a lot of Star promo Clarks fetching a good amount of cash. Is this typical?

Some do, but I just looked at those recent sales , the top 3, I'll have to see who purchased them, but they see extremely high. The top 2 I think would be $75+ prob and the one in the #3 slot I don't believe is tough at all so I'm not sure what happened there.

Ryan

Ryan

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Some do, but I just looked at those recent sales , the top 3, I'll have to see who purchased them, but they see extremely high. The top 2 I think would be $75+ prob and the one in the #3 slot I don't believe is tough at all so I'm not sure what happened there.

Ryan

Ryan

These are some of the more confusing cards to track - I have about 32 Canseco star promos and it looks like I only need 3 or 4 more. Many of these say they have a print run of 100 or so, but I've simply never seen more than one or so of many of these. When I saw the Clarks, I thought that was pretty crazy - it looks like they went to separate buyers and such too, iirc.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
These are some of the more confusing cards to track - I have about 32 Canseco star promos and it looks like I only need 3 or 4 more. Many of these say they have a print run of 100 or so, but I've simply never seen more than one or so of many of these. When I saw the Clarks, I thought that was pretty crazy - it looks like they went to separate buyers and such too, iirc.

I offered the seller $100 for a 1990 Nova promo (only one of two missing Promos I need) he had listed for almost $250. He countered at $189.99. He said another person offered that price but wanted to give me a chance to match since I was first to make an offer. I declined and the auction ended. I'm not sure of the final price.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I offered the seller $100 for a 1990 Nova promo (only one of two missing Promos I need) he had listed for almost $250. He countered at $189.99. He said another person offered that price but wanted to give me a chance to match since I was first to make an offer. I declined and the auction ended. I'm not sure of the final price.

Was hoping you landed one of them, but agree $200-250 is a lot. Hope you land one soon. I'd prob pay $100-150 for the one I'm missing to get it done with.

Ryan

mouschi

May 18, 2012

20-25+ years ago looking at these "fake type" cards, I never would have thought these would become valuable. I too have spent much more than I thought I would have for some of these puppies!

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
20-25+ years ago looking at these "fake type" cards, I never would have thought these would become valuable. I too have spent much more than I thought I would have for some of these puppies!

I haven't bothered too much with the Star cards. I got what I could without killing myself and then mostly called it a day. The Broder-type cards, however. Those I love. And they are completely illegitimate. I remember them popping up at card shows in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I think I have a fairly complete run, but you never know what else might be out there...

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I haven't bothered too much with the Star cards. I got what I could without killing myself and then mostly called it a day. The Broder-type cards, however. Those I love. And they are completely illegitimate. I remember them popping up at card shows in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I think I have a fairly complete run, but you never know what else might be out there...

Those imo are the toughest to track. I think I have them all but am not sure!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Haven't picked much up lately , but here are two.

I like "official" 8x10s esp those with info on the backs. I've picked up a few this year I didn't have and over half of them have sucked at protecting them in transit and this is no different. Frieken creased in half in a Manila envelope with no cardboard or anything. $3 to ship , they used $1.20 and I didn't expect them to take the loss and use the Priority Envelope the listing said , but this sucks.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1450745536.485413.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1450745556.055408.jpg

And I don't go after much of current years, but got this for $25/dlvd. Art Canvas Collection /10. Nice drawing IMO.
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1450745631.923945.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1450745650.041101.jpg

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Haven't picked much up lately , but here are two.

I like "official" 8x10s esp those with info on the backs. I've picked up a few this year I didn't have and over half of them have sucked at protecting them in transit and this is no different. Frieken creased in half in a Manila envelope with no cardboard or anything. $3 to ship , they used $1.20 and I didn't expect them to take the loss and use the Priority Envelope the listing said , but this sucks.

View attachment 57627
View attachment 57628

And I don't go after much of current years, but got this for $25/dlvd. Art Canvas Collection /10. Nice drawing IMO.
View attachment 57629
View attachment 57630

Ryan

Very Nice

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Cost me more than I wanted, but got this 1987 Topps Vault Mock Up Back that showed how they would lay out the design. Love the 1987 Topps Set and thought it was a neat addition.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1451264674.520958.jpg

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Was hoping you landed one of them, but agree $200-250 is a lot. Hope you land one soon. I'd prob pay $100-150 for the one I'm missing to get it done with.

Ryan

image.jpg
Same seller offering a 3rd 1990 Nova promo. He said the last one sold for $175. Anybody recognize the seller? I wonder how many this guy has?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
View attachment 57990
Same seller offering a 3rd 1990 Nova promo. He said the last one sold for $175. Anybody recognize the seller? I wonder how many this guy has?

Looks like he has sold 2 and has 2 currently listed. The 2 newest ones have been there for a lil while. It's a catch 22 (pun intended). Bite the bullet or wait n see if they keep coming. Good luck

Ryan

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
View attachment 57990

He seems to have a lot of these Star promo cards available as he has posted a few mattinglys over the last few weeks. The mattinglys were very overpriced in my opinion but it seems like he is finding one or two people that will overpay to get them

Latest posts