Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
A question for the experts here, found this going thru my box, looks to be a patch to me...it doesn't have the typical gray fabric as seen on away jerseys, the material appears, shinier, stiffer, and much like the patches I've seen on Yankee jerseys. However, the only reason I'm not sure is because they had weird jerseys back in the day, not sure what fabric they used. My inclination is to think the swatch is from the letters on his jersey.

Would appreciate any thoughts from someone more familiar with Fisk, the White Sox or similar patches. Thanks.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Who is going after what tonight on the donnut auctions? I'm considering the Ozzie letter patch?

Just looked at the completed auctions, wow.....

Here's a recent pickup

_57-4.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
A question for the experts here, found this going thru my box, looks to be a patch to me...it doesn't have the typical gray fabric as seen on away jerseys, the material appears, shinier, stiffer, and much like the patches I've seen on Yankee jerseys. However, the only reason I'm not sure is because they had weird jerseys back in the day, not sure what fabric they used. My inclination is to think the swatch is from the letters on his jersey.

Would appreciate any thoughts from someone more familiar with Fisk, the White Sox or similar patches. Thanks.

Nice Fisk as love the leaf certified cards. It's a piece of a Carlton Fisk jacket. I believe it was whitesox jacket

A_Pharis

Picked up a small random lot of uniform tagging. I think they likely came from independent league or minor league teams re-purposing uniforms (Louisiana College here in Pineville actually used Yankee uniforms during the time when the Aces team was a Yankees affiliate in the 50's). Included one known tag - for sure. A 1977 Phillies Tim McCarver.

There were more Rawlings tags, but the two chain-stitched name tags are nice... even if they are essentially unidentifiable:

View attachment 52730

Just quoting this just in case someone has better "Google-fu" than me. I know the "Jones" tag would be impossible to place with how common the name is. The "Shank" name isn't, and I found one guy with that last name, but I don't think the era would be the same.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Just quoting this just in case someone has better "Google-fu" than me. I know the "Jones" tag would be impossible to place with how common the name is. The "Shank" name isn't, and I found one guy with that last name, but I don't think the era would be the same.

Well the mccarver is easily a pants stitching and the other may not be baseball related. If i get some time this week i will take a look for ya bud.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

I think I found who one of those tag is

Harvey Shanks 1970 California angels away jersey.