Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$10k for Vizquel 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've sold a few cards to the winner. I'd be extremely surprised if the deal falls apart or isn't legit.

I'd sell more than a few ;) Curious , you know if there is any relationship to OV or know why they are going so hard? Wills levels can be crazy and in the DJ/ KG range , but this is like all players (Griffey , Jeter , Rivera , Clark , Chipper , Trout , Harper etc etc) added up and I'd be surprised if it was $10k on a card like this.

Ryan

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd sell more than a few ;) Curious , you know if there is any relationship to OV or know why they are going so hard? Wills levels can be crazy and in the DJ/ KG range , but this is like all players (Griffey , Jeter , Rivera , Clark , Chipper , Trout , Harper etc etc) added up and I'd be surprised if it was $10k on a card like this.

Ryan

I just can't fathom paying that much for a card that's not something historic. Like a high grade rookie of one of the old school players. Or a T-206. There is not a modern card I feel that's worth anywhere close. They may be 1/1's but there are a billion others.

Of course I've got friends and family who can't believe I spend even a dollar on cards. To each their own.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Just doubles, or any others? That prospect would certainly be tempting.

Just a handful of doubles, mostly. I'm tempted, but it's not about the money for me.

With a lot of these auctions there are two high bidders. Does bidder number 2 ever win or does the same person win them all?

Ryan

There are only really a few crazy collectors, and the guy who won this card is rarely outbid.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I just can't fathom paying that much for a card that's not something historic. Like a high grade rookie of one of the old school players. Or a T-206. There is not a modern card I feel that's worth anywhere close. They may be 1/1's but there are a billion others.

Of course I've got friends and family who can't believe I spend even a dollar on cards. To each their own.

Agreed.

A modern comparison might be- for the same price as this card you could probably the the Red Donruss Crusade of Griffey, Ripken, AND Bonds.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I think what is the most interesting in this situation is that these guys are wealthy but obviously not billionaires - these WAS a limit to how high at least one of them was willing to go. We all have thresholds for how much we're willing to pay for cards and so do these guys, they just happen to have a ceiling above our comprehension. How one of them came up with $10,100 being the most he was willing to pay for a simple 1/1 parallel (not a superfractor,knob,logoman) is remarkable.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
[MENTION=3600]VizquelCollector.com[/MENTION]

I assume you have been, or can get in touch with these crazy individuals.

If you can one of them bought a fake printing plate for ~$3,000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAR-VIZQUEL-PACIFIC-ONLINE-PRINTING-PRESS-PLATE-1-1-ONE-VERSION-NEVER-SEEN-/131582444181?hash=item1ea2ecc295&nma=true&si=g2wRPk%252FxcukWzeZRkHjh3ISISuY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Please let me list 500 fakes tonight so I can retire tomorrow before letting them know please.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
@VizquelCollector.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAR-VIZQUEL-PACIFIC-ONLINE-PRINTING-PRESS-PLATE-1-1-ONE-VERSION-NEVER-SEEN-/131582444181?hash=item1ea2ecc295&nma=true&si=g2wRPk%252FxcukWzeZRkHjh3ISISuY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Please let me list 500 fakes tonight so I can retire tomorrow before letting them know please.

Also let him know he bought it from a seller with one of the *******-est eBay names ever.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
@VizquelCollector.com

What makes you think it's fake? Just curious as I have a Pacific Printing plate from the "online" series..

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
What makes you think it's fake? Just curious as I have a Pacific Printing plate from the "online" series..

There were no printing plates released from the Online series. There's a thread (or maybe it was discussion in a different thread) on how these are made

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts