Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rare '52 Mickey Mantle card, insured for $12 million, goes on display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
"I'll tell you what, I'm going to take it to heaven with me. It's going to be laid across my chest in my casket."

Fu cking rich people::facepalm::

JBust80

May 11, 2018
North Carolina
"I'll tell you what, I'm going to take it to heaven with me. It's going to be laid across my chest in my casket."

Fu cking rich people::facepalm::

Haha my thoughts exactly, but in truth if he did do that he best find a secluded spot for an unmarked grave. Card collectors be looking for him like treasure hunters!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
" Fogel paid $120,000 for the card in 1996, and he figures it's now worth 100 times that. "

What MORON would pay $12 million dollars for a baseball card? Oh that's right I forgot, Fu cking MORONIC rich people::facepalm::::facepalm::::facepalm::

Verdammt

Feb 4, 2014
Wichita, KS
"Fogel's card is a gem mint PSA 10, one of only three '52 Mantle cards in existence with this rating. Of the three, Fogel's card is the only "perfect 10," what's known in the collecting world as an A-plus. The other two are As."

What exactly does this mean? Do the other two have qualifiers?

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
"Fogel's card is a gem mint PSA 10, one of only three '52 Mantle cards in existence with this rating. Of the three, Fogel's card is the only "perfect 10," what's known in the collecting world as an A-plus. The other two are As."
Does anyone in the FCB collecting world use these terms? Sounds like made-up BS to boost his own ego...toot his own horn...stroke his own shaft.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Does anyone in the FCB collecting world use these terms? Sounds like made-up BS to boost his own ego...toot his own horn...stroke his own shaft.

Yup, total BS.

Total hearsay, but I had a long conversation at a card show a few years ago with a couple of high end auctioneers, from different companies, about the 3 PSA 10 1952 Mantles and both of them said emphatically that if graded now none of them would get a "10". Their reasoning was that they were all graded fairly early and PSA was much more lenient before grading became standard. The Wagner getting an "8" while the graders knew for a fact it was trimmed give that idea some credence with me.

Scott F

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

What exactly does this mean? Do the other two have qualifiers?

And if you believe any of these "well known collecting" terms then I have a bridge to sell you on the cheap...