Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 27th Annual REAL Shriner's Show November 2, 3, 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Have had time to breathe after a GREAT WEEKEND!

To those that didn't show up, you missed a great weekend, one that topped even last year's attendance numbers! :eek:

I posted my thoughts on the first two days earlier in the thread. Here is my thoughts on Sunday:

W.O.W. Sunday has typically been the slower day of the weekend for me (I didn't set up in 2004, but heard the stories of how crazy that show was after the Sox won the World Series). This year, Sunday was my BEST day by far, and the best Sunday I've had at a show EVER.

I never got a chance to leave my table. I had planned to walk around and look for some deals. But I was on the go from open to close. Show ended at 4, I still was making sales then!

Met MallCop, who pulled off a couple of nice deals at the show. Sweet cards dude! Happy for you!

Saw John, but every time he came to my table, people were 2-3 deep. We always just smiled because of how packed the place was! (On a side note, John, let's have Patriots day on Sunday every year. Just have the NFL schedule the Pats bye week for the weekend of the show! :D)

I am already looking forward to next year. If you missed this year's show, do yourself a favor and mark it in the calendar for next year. Without a doubt (and I do shows in the area regularly) this is the BEST show every year.

Thanks again to all the board members who stopped by to say hi, talk and shop. It was nice to meet (or see again) each and every one of you.

Kevin

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
Glad that you had a great weekend Kevin! Your table was always packed, which was great to see. Glad we were able to meet some FCB members and put some faces with names. I'll pass on your request to Mr Kraft. ;)
I don't have any numbers yet, but judging by the sheer volume of people on Sunday, we killed it. The entire parking area was packed by 11:AM. They had to start parking people down the street, which was pretty amazing. I actually saw someone pull in at 3:45 (show closes at 4) to go in and try to get some deals. I had never seen that before in my 10 years working for the GBSCC. Usually Sunday afternoon dies down once the early games get under way. Not this time!

Kevin, were you able to pick up any PC cards? I didn't see you away from your table very often, so I hope you had a chance to shop.

I for one did pull the trigger on a couple of Mantle cards. Once I get around to it I will get some scans up. I grabbed a couple of older wax boxes on my way out just to have something to break once I got home.

Again, thanks to the FCB members who we were able to meet. It is always nice to see board members.

Thanks,

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Glad that you had a great weekend Kevin! Your table was always packed, which was great to see. Glad we were able to meet some FCB members and put some faces with names. I'll pass on your request to Mr Kraft. ;)
I don't have any numbers yet, but judging by the sheer volume of people on Sunday, we killed it. The entire parking area was packed by 11:AM. They had to start parking people down the street, which was pretty amazing. I actually saw someone pull in at 3:45 (show closes at 4) to go in and try to get some deals. I had never seen that before in my 10 years working for the GBSCC. Usually Sunday afternoon dies down once the early games get under way. Not this time!

Kevin, were you able to pick up any PC cards? I didn't see you away from your table very often, so I hope you had a chance to shop.

I for one did pull the trigger on a couple of Mantle cards. Once I get around to it I will get some scans up. I grabbed a couple of older wax boxes on my way out just to have something to break once I got home.

Again, thanks to the FCB members who we were able to meet. It is always nice to see board members.

Thanks,

Yes, table was always packed. I can't believe people wouldn't setup at this show if they could. ;)

I don't really have a "PC" anymore, kind of comes with the territory. But I did snag a Brady auto for a sweet deal yesterday morning before the show opened. It was actually when I was on my way over to see you, John!

Hopefully the FCB guys aren't strangers. I do the monthly Mansfield show (cheap plug!) and there is one on Nov. 23 (day after turkey) and then in December (the 9th or 16th) with Ben Coates signing. I can always get someone a free pass, or you can usually download one from the show site (www.cardboardpromotions.com)

Kevin

Last edited:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Great time had for sure! I know leading up to the show there was some worry about it and I worried for sure once people said there were a lot of drop outs but the show was as good as I have ever seen it! Thank you to John (jflan) for the pass to get in, your the man lol! Awesome meeting you and also Kevin (bigpops)! You have some sick cards man. I really want that BB Gold auto :eek:

I gave up a TON to get these 2 cards

2012 Topps Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin III Dual Auto #'ed 07/25
RG3LuckFront.jpg

RG3LuckBack.jpg

2012 Topps Platinum Robert Griffin III Blue Refractor 3-Color Auto/Patch #'ed 19/25 BGS 9.5/10 Auto
RG3PlatinumFront.jpg

RG3PlatinumBack.jpg

Last edited:

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Great time had for sure! I know leading up to the show there was some worry about it and I worried for sure once people said there were a lot of drop outs but the show was as good as I have ever seen it! Thank you to John (jflan) for the pass to get in, your the man lol! Awesome meeting you and also Kevin (bigpops)! You have some sick cards man. I really want that BB Gold auto :eek:

I gave up a TON to get these 2 cards

2012 Topps Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin III Dual Auto #'ed 07/25
RG3LuckFront.jpg

RG3LuckBack.jpg

2012 Topps Platinum Robert Griffin III Blue Refractor 3-Color Auto/Patch #'ed 19/25 BGS 9.5/10 Auto
RG3PlatinumFront.jpg

RG3PlatinumBack.jpg

Like I told you yesterday, sick cards. Hope you are still happy with the deal you made (it wasn't with me, for the record). And those Ted Williams cards are SICK! :eek:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Thanks Kev! I might end up regretting it lol. That box was garbage :( Lamichael James rookie 3-gu #'ed 1/49 and 3 plain jerseys. Im guessing MAYBE $20 of cards there.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I wasn't able to go to the show since I live in Cali but, huge shout out to John, jflan702, for hooking me up with this sweet Troy Brown auto! I've always wanted a Brown auto as he's my all time favorite Patriot.

troybrownau.jpg

Thanks John I'll keep it in my collection forever and I really apprecaite it!

Last edited:

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
Glad I could help you out.

Since this was a vintage heavy show, I felt a little obliged to actually buy some vintage. I decided to pick up my first and second Mantle cards. It was very wierd as a Red Sox fan, but a long time coming as a baseball fan in general.

1966Mantle.jpg

1969Mantle.jpg

1970Aaron.jpg

Thanks,

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Day 2 Report:

As John said, it was a slow start. A lot slower than has been the norm. But it definitely picked up as the day went along. I know for me, I was consistently busy from around 11am to about 4pm. That was awesome.

My big sellers have been out of my 1/2 price boxes and my cheap auto/game used boxes. I also have been moving some signed memorabilia (local guys from Pats and Bruins) as well as junk wax.

To give you an idea, my sales for today nearly MATCHED my sales for the three days last year. Part is because of how diverse I have become (half price box, more to look through) than I have been. I spent two full days this week organizing for the show, and I think the sales show that it was worth it.

Got to see and spend time with Keith (klute14) and we made a nice deal that I believe we are both happy with. And I have a feeling it is one of a series of deals over the next few months
. Also made a nice deal with Bill, who spent a while at the table chatting with myself and my dealer friend I am set up with (we have two spots). Also got to put a name to 40/40 (reaping the Canseco jersey!) and rickeyfanatic.

John and I have spent a lot of time chatting the last two days, and he has made sure board people have found me. It is nice to put faces to screen names.

Tomorrow is the final day and this weekend has flown by. Hopefully some that haven't popped into the show yet do come by. At worst, to walk around, and take John up on his free pass. It will save you $7 admission, and I can almost guarantee that you guys will have a blast walking around and seeing stuff that is available. And Sunday has been a "discount" day in the past, where some dealers look to unload stuff that they don't want to take home with them or are trying to salvage sales from the weekend.

See you in the AM John, and hopefully some of you throughout the day.

Kevin

This couldn't be any more accurate!
Thanks for a great deal Kevin and I do look forward to many more in the next couple of months.
For those wondering, here is what I got from Kevin:

7/25
db47.jpg

19/35
db48.jpg

14/35
db49.jpg

db50.jpg

10/35
db51.jpg

25/50
db52.jpg