Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Masterworks Big Hit Tracker - Update 10/9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
This is from the case break AIC had the other night.

1_zpsc68538d9.jpeg

I think he was watching My Cousin Vinny when he drew the Moceanu.

And the other artist must have a thing for Ted Danson's wife.
220px-MarySteenburgenDec09.jpg

2_zps376c9a48.jpeg

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm 1 for 4 on RJ cards so far on eBay. BIN on the first one, 2nd one got pulled off, 3rd one was BIN before I even saw it, and the 4th I lost out on after it went above my threshold. At least I got the best one, in my opinion at least. I am in the midst of a couple of Artist Proof commisions though.

Any player collectors here having success obtaining multiple cards of their guy from this set? Anyone seen a FULL player/artist checklist?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This issue would make a great case to study for the player collector vs the set collector. Both collectors can put together an incredible collection of cards and both would be frustrated by the other for winning certain cards. Realistically, a set collector could not expect to collect ALL of these cards. A player collect has a better shot at completion, if there are multiples, but then you are battling set collectors, high end collectors, team collectors, other player collectors, etc.

From a personal standpoint and a selfish one, I am pissed when I lose a good Garvey card to another Garvey collector, but it bothers me even more when I lose one to a different theme collector! That happens most often with the really high end, special issues (1/1s, jumbo patches, bat barrels, buttons, jersey tags, etc). Everyone seems to want that kind of thing, REGARDLESS of the player, and if you have someone with really deep pockets bidding against you, you will probably lose.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
This issue would make a great case to study for the player collector vs the set collector. Both collectors can put together an incredible collection of cards and both would be frustrated by the other for winning certain cards. Realistically, a set collector could not expect to collect ALL of these cards. A player collect has a better shot at completion, if there are multiples, but then you are battling set collectors, high end collectors, team collectors, other player collectors, etc.

From a personal standpoint and a selfish one, I am pissed when I lose a good Garvey card to another Garvey collector, but it bothers me even more when I lose one to a different theme collector! That happens most often with the really high end, special issues (1/1s, jumbo patches, bat barrels, buttons, jersey tags, etc). Everyone seems to want that kind of thing, REGARDLESS of the player, and if you have someone with really deep pockets bidding against you, you will probably lose.

This post made me wonder if there are any collectors out there trying to get all of the cards done by one artist.

I think this set was a great idea, and I hope it is done again.

Members online