Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryan Cracknell moves from CardboardConnection to Beckett

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Saw him tweet (@tradercracks) that Friday was his last day as Editor of Cardboard Connection. Later Olds posted this story saying he starts at Beckett at the National

http://www.beckett.com/news/2015/07/ryan-cracknell-joins-beckett-media-team/

Anybody got thoughts on this. I really enjoyed his product reviews for CC along with his non-sports focus as well. Hopefully the quality doesn't disappear like it did with Olds when he went from the Orlando Sentinel to Beckett a few years ago.

Another though is will CC still be as consistent with the checklists as they have been. Pretty much the go to source for that info right now. Or will he help Beckett improve in that category?
Interhobby moves are always intriguing.

Thanks,
Jeff

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Is this a last ditch type thing by Beckett, trying to maintain an air of legitimacy in the hobby, instead of simply being viewed by everyone as a litigious, cancerous dinosaur? Good for Ryan, I hope he gets $$paid$$.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Anybody got thoughts on this.

surprised they made the move. Considering all the spam emails i get from beckett and the big huge rails and boxes that cover up content when you go to beckett.com to search for a player to see if they have any cert autos, you'd think cards and grading is dying as Beckett seems to be getting into anything non cards/grading and hoping something works.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Ryan Cracknell Wall Art now available!
Print #/99 $49.99, Gold #/10 $99.99

cracknell.png

Members online