Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Noah Syndergaard ejected. That ump needs to be fired.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Please tell me someone is watching this Mets game...That call was bull crap. There's no way Syndergaard should have been thrown out for that. He throws behind Utley and he's ejected immediately. It's not like someone before Utley in the batting order took Syndergaard deep, and then Noah threw at Utley. There's no doubt that Syndergaard tried to hit Utley, but there wasn't even a warning issued previously by the umpires!!!! I'm not a Mets fan and I'm flabbergasted by this. That umpire needs to be fired.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Was watching what a joke let the players handle it. It would have been done and over.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Full house at citi field on a night they honor the 86 WS team and Noah pitching and they throw him out with one out in the third inning what a shame. Lot of unhappy campers there.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
If there's no doubt that he was purposely throwing at Utley, then there's no need to give a warning before tossing him.

I haven't been watching the game and don't know any of the details but when the OP mentioned this I was thinking the same thing. I don't believe there needs to be warnings issued in order to eject a player if they purposely tried to hit a player.

Regardless, I hate when umpires try to make the games about them and I've always been avidly opposed to umpires in general so I'm not a fan about this news.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Mlb umpires are the most self important people on the planet. They should all be replaced by robots and computers. They think they are more important than the superstars. Most useless individuals on the face of the earth.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
noah just needs to quit being stupid. Both teams were warned before the series because you could smell the retaliation 4000 miles away.

Great to see Utley's FU to the Mets and their fans with his exciting bases-clearing hit last night in the9th inning and tonight's 2 HR, 5 RBI night in the Dodgers asskicking of the mets on 1986 night.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Utley has a bulls eye on his back, and for good reason. The Mets are not the only team he has pissed off. This is going to happen to him again a couple more times this season for sure.

As for the Umpire tossing Syndergaard, it is the right call. Ends it right then and there. But today I bet you see someone get tossed as well for throwing at somebody

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Utley has a bulls eye on his back, and for good reason. The Mets are not the only team he has pissed off. This is going to happen to him again a couple more times this season for sure.

As for the Umpire tossing Syndergaard, it is the right call. Ends it right then and there. But today I beat you see someone get tossed as well for throwing at somebody

Couldn't disagree more. This makes it so much worse-if Utley gets plunked then it over and move on. Now that the Mets feel they were screwed again, it's can only get worse from here. Would be shocked if the game gets out of hand today if he doesn't get plunked in a not so favorable area. As with Bautista, Donaldson, and everyone else, you are how you play. To Utley's credit he doesn't moan and complain when his dirty play comes back at him.

Thanks,
Jeff

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
The best way to show that the game should be played hard but without hurting others is to throw a 100 mph fastball at a player? C'mon guys. Utley didn't mean to hurt Tejada last year, but it happened. If Syndergaard beans Utley and breaks a bone, or worse, then what? Intentionally hurting another player, even if from a pitch, are worse than what Utley did.

Therefore, anyone who thinks what Syndergaard did is acceptable is either moronic or blinded by hatred for Utley.

As someone above stated, when the ump determines the pitch was intended to hit the player, he can throw him out without warning.

Poor Mets. As if Daniel Murphy's success wasn't bad enough, and now they have to watch Utley whoop their arses AND miss beaning him.

Last edited:

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

What are the other teams that utley has pissed off and what are the teams that are going to throw at him?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
With Syndergaard's control if he wanted to hit him he could of sent one into his ribs. Was there intent, yes.... But intent to hit or intent to take him off his feet shouldn't be the opinion of an ump to make the automatic ejection.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
So if Utley intentionally tried to spike a guy, that'd be fine too?

Apropos of nothing, just throwing at a guy to prove you haven't forgotten something should absolutely get you tossed. There is no rule that lets you intentionally throw at a guy.

Members online

Latest posts