Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********Good TGIF Morning Thread ~ MTSS Showoff!!!! 12/23********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Sorry got stuck at work all day!

I got a package a week and a half ago and when I saw the return address I knew I was in for a Phillies treat. I actually waited till today to open it. There a package from Portfishington sat till today. Great set of gifts from @ashburnalley and literally couldn't have fit any better into the PC. Thank you very much! Merry Christmas all!
/30
e08331383b08b68a43b8ed84509ee817.jpg

/25
578c80fe52ab0ae69fc62fda8bd3ebb5.jpg

f47be78e0d818f794e476ac116e2ca7a.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I was watching that card, ready to make an offer and then it was gone. I was legitimately pissed.
However, now I am stoked!

Merry Christmas!!

Glad you like that card! I really wanted to include something a little older into your package. Buying older slabbed cards can be tricky when shopping for others but when I noticed it was on your needs list I got pretty excited! Merry Christmas!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So...it wasn't really a secret, he asked for my address, but can I share a package from Santa [MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION]?
06af2e3571cda76832c7299e12c3c3e2.jpg

A nice collection of Giants numbered, G/U and autos and also...
7850dad1606530bf2a5dcc4b12e0ed2a.jpg

Champ is 100/250

Thank you Santa Anthony!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
So...it wasn't really a secret, he asked for my address, but can I share a package from Santa [MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION]?

Champ is 100/250

Thank you Santa Anthony!

Glad it made it before Christmas. Merry Christmas to u and the family. Maybe the Giants can get hot and make our new year start off right!

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Morning All!

I started to put together a big presentation the other night but had to stop due to an issue with our intake child. I brought the items to work with me this morning and finished up my pictures with my cell phone camera.

MTSS was real good to me! Shall we begin??

Nice BIG box from Santa.
View attachment 66344

Inside was a well packed envelope of mystery!
View attachment 66345

I pulled it out and it was stuffed!
View attachment 66346

Carefully cut the top off with a peak inside....
View attachment 66347

4 wrapped packages numbered 1-4!
View attachment 66348

Opened up package #1
View attachment 66349
2016 Topps Update Jay Bruce All Star Game Patch card! The back of the card says the patch came from his actual All Star Game workout jersey.

View attachment 66351

***PLUS BONUS 4pks of card from Boeing, the space and aeronautical company (presumably Santa's cover employer when not at the North Pole)
These are really cool as they give you a brief look at a lot of aircraft they've made over the years for the military and commercial flying.
VERY COOL and I'm going to add them to my non-sports card 3-ring binder.***

View attachment 66352

on two package #2
View attachment 66350

WOW! Jay Bruce 5x7's from Stadium Club 05/49, Bunt reg 04/49 & Gold version 05/10, Heritage Gold 05/10 and Series #1 RED 1/5
I've been contemplating these for some time and just havent pulled the trigger.

I would have been well satisfied with the first two packages. Package #3

View attachment 66353
2009 Upper Deck Sweet Spots Jay Bruce autograph card 110/299!
I love the UD Sweet Spots cards. I've got a few of these but I didnt have any that where numbered to 299 so it will fit nicely next to my UD Sweet Spots Jay Bruce 1/1 I received last year in the MTSS gift exchange.

And now, as instructed, I saved #4 for last!

View attachment 66354
HOLY FREAKIN MOLY! 2014 Topps Tier One Jay Bruce Bat Knob 1/1! This is my first bat knob card. I've seen them on eBay. I've salavated at the thought of one but never added one to my collection. Santa did just that! The picture I have taken doesnt do it justice! This is one of the best Jay Bruce cards I own and it will take it's rightful place in my curio cabinet (picture coming later) next to some other Jay Bruce and various other cards I have.

Last but not least, Santa included a very nice Snoopy Christmas card wishing my family a very Merry Christmas. (pic forth coming)

I'd like to Thank my MTSS in California for the very generous gifts. He went way above and beyond my expectations.

Thank you to all that come to the morning thread just to say Hi and let us all know how your day is going and for letting us all in on a small glimpse of your lives. I find FCB a very relaxing sports collecting site that I visit every day and I feel the knowledge of collectors here are second to none!

Thanks to [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] (Dustin) for officiating this years MTSS gift exchange

Mick
FCB ID: Fordman

Glad you like your SS Gift...as always, I have more fun with the MTSS and I look forward to these all year!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
OK, So I have been busy today running all over town taking my step daughter to work, running to the post office and then going grocery shopping for holiday dinners..

Glad I goofed up and failed to get the Prime Rib without the bones cut so she would complain and have to go back and get them cut..

Now I can show off an item that I'm sure my Secret Santa was trying to find something that I didn't have of Edgar and he did a pretty good job.. One of the few Game Used Autographed Items I don't have of Edgar..
What's great about getting something from Millcreek Sports is that on these Edgar items, you get the COA that has his auto on it as well..

Thanks Starbucks Alex!

View attachment 66392

View attachment 66393

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
OK, So I have been busy today running all over town taking my step daughter to work, running to the post office and then going grocery shopping for holiday dinners..

Glad I goofed up and failed to get the Prime Rib without the bones cut so she would complain and have to go back and get them cut..

Now I can show off an item that I'm sure my Secret Santa was trying to find something that I didn't have of Edgar and he did a pretty good job.. One of the few Game Used Autographed Items I don't have of Edgar..
What's great about getting something from Millcreek Sports is that on these Edgar items, you get the COA that has his auto on it as well..

Thanks Starbucks Alex!

View attachment 66392

View attachment 66393

Very unique

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

I got a package a week and a half ago and when I saw the return address I knew I was in for a Phillies treat. I actually waited till today to open it. There a package from Portfishington sat till today. Great set of gifts from @ashburnalley and literally couldn't have fit any better into the PC. Thank you very much! Merry Christmas all!
/30

/25

I wanted to keep them but then I'd be in a constant battle of finding you something and then keeping them.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Wow someone was up early ;)

Morning all! Can't wait to see the shared generosity begin

That's breadman hours for you.

Leaving for work so I need to jump in

From my SS Klute14
Keith knocked it out of the park!!!!!!!!
Filled a wish that I never seemed to get to

HUGE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning All!

I started to put together a big presentation the other night but had to stop due to an issue with our intake child. I brought the items to work with me this morning and finished up my pictures with my cell phone camera.

MTSS was real good to me! Shall we begin??

Nice BIG box from Santa.
View attachment 66344

Inside was a well packed envelope of mystery!
View attachment 66345

I pulled it out and it was stuffed!
View attachment 66346

Carefully cut the top off with a peak inside....
View attachment 66347

4 wrapped packages numbered 1-4!
View attachment 66348

Opened up package #1
View attachment 66349
2016 Topps Update Jay Bruce All Star Game Patch card! The back of the card says the patch came from his actual All Star Game workout jersey.

View attachment 66351

***PLUS BONUS 4pks of card from Boeing, the space and aeronautical company (presumably Santa's cover employer when not at the North Pole)
These are really cool as they give you a brief look at a lot of aircraft they've made over the years for the military and commercial flying.
VERY COOL and I'm going to add them to my non-sports card 3-ring binder.***

View attachment 66352

on two package #2
View attachment 66350

WOW! Jay Bruce 5x7's from Stadium Club 05/49, Bunt reg 04/49 & Gold version 05/10, Heritage Gold 05/10 and Series #1 RED 1/5
I've been contemplating these for some time and just havent pulled the trigger.

I would have been well satisfied with the first two packages. Package #3

View attachment 66353
2009 Upper Deck Sweet Spots Jay Bruce autograph card 110/299!
I love the UD Sweet Spots cards. I've got a few of these but I didnt have any that where numbered to 299 so it will fit nicely next to my UD Sweet Spots Jay Bruce 1/1 I received last year in the MTSS gift exchange.

And now, as instructed, I saved #4 for last!

View attachment 66354
HOLY FREAKIN MOLY! 2014 Topps Tier One Jay Bruce Bat Knob 1/1! This is my first bat knob card. I've seen them on eBay. I've salavated at the thought of one but never added one to my collection. Santa did just that! The picture I have taken doesnt do it justice! This is one of the best Jay Bruce cards I own and it will take it's rightful place in my curio cabinet (picture coming later) next to some other Jay Bruce and various other cards I have.

Last but not least, Santa included a very nice Snoopy Christmas card wishing my family a very Merry Christmas. (pic forth coming)

I'd like to Thank my MTSS in California for the very generous gifts. He went way above and beyond my expectations.

Thank you to all that come to the morning thread just to say Hi and let us all know how your day is going and for letting us all in on a small glimpse of your lives. I find FCB a very relaxing sports collecting site that I visit every day and I feel the knowledge of collectors here are second to none!

Thanks to [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] (Dustin) for officiating this years MTSS gift exchange

Mick
FCB ID: Fordman

Good morning, my secret santa sent a nice package with a christmas card and some chocolate candy and.....

some 90's gold and a thunder rave. Freakin nice, This is my second year doing this and its a blast, thanks Dustin for putting it together. Thanks Santa

001_zpsajn0ib51.jpg

Good morning people! Time to show off my wonderful gift from [MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION].

1st he gave me a bunch of Phillies base/inserts to add to the collection. Surprisingly I needed a lot.

08c8c6186e58f856df850bbfc137b342.jpg

Up next, we have an eBay 1/1!!!!! Steve Carlton.

818afd19b8dbd473ddf2d8963e2695b6.jpg

And finally, a beautiful Schmidt auto #2 /5.

7c3d44535a55a41bda7301e61c860d22.jpg

Thanks a lot Mick.

Morning fellas. LOVE all the gifts so far.
my Secret Santa (from NY) definitely went above and beyond my expectations. A HUGE card by any means. one I haven't seen in a while. Thank you thank you thank you
View attachment 66356

I'll get better pics later after work

Thanks Santa

Santa got me two Dawson autos and a very nice patch /5

fad71e99d043adddd56abe55a1b73272.jpg

Good Morning Boys!

My MTSS went above and beyond this year and for that I am extremely grateful.
[MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION], thank you Sir!

First, 6 packs of 1986 Topps which I haven't opened yet but I will and post the results!

Then, this beauty!

And another!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, this gem was in the package!

I was watching that card, ready to make an offer and then it was gone. I was legitimately pissed.
However, now I am stoked!

Merry Christmas!!

Great stuff so far!

Merry Christmas and thank you to my secret Santa, who generously sent me a beautifully sparkly 90's monster for my Vlad PC. This could replace the star on top my tree.

s-l900.jpg

s-l900.jpg

Good morning all. Another long day at work before the weekend. Stacking bags again today. Stacked about 40 pallets with 24 bags that weigh 110 pounds each yesterday. A little stiff and sore today. I do like seeing the secret Santa gifts from everybody. I do have a couple of things to mail out myself, but with my work schedule and working out of town it's been tough.

Repost of yesterday's mail-
67f605259f21a7641510c5587751058c.jpg

I get funny looks too. It probably doesn't help that I'm in a smaller town where people are less likely to know about the online postage

Morning all, Santa came and delivered some nice items to me! He's a good guy who I want to thank very much. Some nice additions to a HOF Patch collection. Also want to thank Dustin for his hard work.

1ac37d71b14e9394a98ce9d858348b6b.jpg

aed80f984b173b41d3aa4147fac69d4c.jpg

5913026d1dec8b6d24949da148dcf429.jpg

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Good morning Everyone! Great packages so far.

My MTSS was amazing. The real Alaskan Assassin slayed it.

All of these were needs for my Ethiers PC.

First an /8

2nd a 1/1

And 3rd a huge huge addition to the PC.

Like I said he slayed it. Thanks Mike a million times over. These MTSS's have always been good to me and I hope they are as good to you all.

Thanks Dustin for picking up where George left off with it. You guys continue to make this a great event.

To thank (kinda) [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] for all his hard work:

View attachment 66372

View attachment 66385View attachment 66386View attachment 66387

so happy with my secret Santa a sweet early jeter Beckett a few nice inserts and this crazy awesome posey patch auto thank you very much.

Good Afternoon Gents! What a stellar MTSS so far, some amazing gifts all around!

Hats off to Pete for finding a card that was at the top of my Felix list. Pics do not do these cards justice, even the back has a refractor coating. Add to that, finding one with a perfectly bold and flawless auto which is really difficult for the set of that year:

851B6DF6-254D-4809-AEB5-5D568D4AFFDC.jpg

92B3A1F5-2F99-4B52-A0F6-24186DDB0A6A.jpg

Thanks again Pete, and the guitar pick has already gotten some great use too ;)

Happy Holidays Fellas!!!

Alex

/30

/25

Champ is 100/250

Thank you Santa Anthony!

Thanks Starbucks Alex!

View attachment 66392

View attachment 66393

Awesome job everyone! I know we have a few more to post, can't wait to see what else is to come!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Good morning, my secret santa sent a nice package with a christmas card and some chocolate candy and.....

some 90's gold and a thunder rave. Freakin nice, This is my second year doing this and its a blast, thanks Dustin for putting it together. Thanks Santa

001_zpsajn0ib51.jpg
[MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION] thank you

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts