Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Be On Lookout: Cards Maybe Stolen!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Hello everyone. I am making a post here tonight for anyone in or near Texas. I mailed an Express Mail Package to BGS yesterday and the package is now MIA. The tracking is saying not found and I mailed a package at the same time yesterday that was delivered as scheduled. My package to BGS was insured for $1800 so it might have been taken by a postal employee who took note of the insurance value.

Here's the scans of the 5 cards in the package:

They are all serial numbered:

Meadows 2/2
Machado 1/1
Longoria 1/1
Mondesi 141/150
Hopkins 1/1

Please be on the lookout on ebay, local LCS, or shows in Texas or surrounding states.

I will update if the USPS finds my cards, but if not any help is greatly appreciated.

Any questions or comments, please let me know. Thank you.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Damn man good luck, would be nice if its just a tracking/postal error that gets rectified/found

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wow man , good luck ! I can't track a $165 package I sent to Japan a month ago and am having a hard time w it. I am very surprised a Express Mail package didn't make it as usually they are treated with higher security. Keep the thread posted

Ryan

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I have nightmare about this. I hope everything gets recovered as it was shipped...bad situation made even worse by the scarcity of all those cards!

fingers crossed for you bud

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
When you send a package that is valued like this, use "REGISTERED Mail"..

Every postal clerk who signs for it along the way is held accountable for the package..

Good luck and keep an eye out on craigslist as well..

Sep 25, 2013
Midwest US
Wow, Man, that is bull, Good Luck with it, I hope it's just a "error" somewhere, Man, there are just plain idiots, that's all there is to it. I hope it turns out ok bud

Jim

AK11

May 24, 2010
Good news to report this morning. The package started moving from my postal sorting facility last night and is out for delivery this morning. Hopefully the contents are intact and it will be delivered today securely. I will only completely know when I receive my first BGS email in a few days hopefully.

My assumption for now is the package merely got left behind in the sorting Monday night and was not found till late yesterday at my local post office.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry you're going through this. I'm getting to where I just don't trust the PO at all anymore. I've been getting a lot of cards lately where either the pwe will be torn just ever so slightly in one of the corners so what's inside can be seen a little, or the bubble mailer will have a small hole punched through it exposing the clear bubble wrap and what's inside. So I know somebody is trying to see what's inside. And it's bad enough when the package says something stupid like so and so sports cards. I usually buy pretty cheap stuff but there is this common misconception out there where uneducated people(read everyone who doesn't collect cards) thinks everything is worth a fortune. I've even had some packages go missing and, while not the end of the world, it's hard to find another one. Especially on low numbered stuff.

Just as an example of how clueless people are, I purchased a retail 3 pack rack pack of topps chrome and the guy ringing me up asked if I collected cards and if I pulled a lot of valuable cards from the packs. I told him yes and no in order of his questions. He shook his head and didn't believe me. He said he figured those cards had to be worth some serious money or nobody would buy or collect them. I flatly asked him if they were so valuable, why the hell aren't they all sold out, and then pointed to the giganormus aisle of cards behind his register. I then told him if it was that easy to pull something valuable, everyone would do it. He just shook his head and handed me my receipt.

Sorry for the long post but it amazes me what the non-collecting community thinks of the hobby and just how ignorant they are. And how much of a risk you take buying or sending stuff through the mail that is handled by people who are very likely of the same frame of mind as our cashier friend. It's definitely scary when the cards are truly valuable or not replaceable.

Last edited:

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
You have to love the USPS. This is how my last few packages have arrived.
photo2_zpsc77d1fac.jpg

Last edited:

AK11

May 24, 2010
I am posting today to say this has a happy ending. All cards were received by BGS yesterday and I actually just received my grades this afternoon. It should ship out tomorrow from BGS and arrive home Saturday or Monday.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I am posting today to say this has a happy ending. All cards were received by BGS yesterday and I actually just received my grades this afternoon. It should ship out tomorrow from BGS and arrive home Saturday or Monday.

When i saw this thread back up and saw you had made a recent post i was hoping for good news. Thats great, glad it worked out for you.

Last edited:

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal

So.. what grades did you get?

AK11

May 24, 2010
So.. what grades did you get?

Machado - 9.5, Meadows - 9.5/10, Longoria - 9.5, Mondesi 9.5/10, and Hopkins 9/10

A nearly perfect submission except somehow, which mystifies me already, the Hopkins super had 8.5 edges. I swear BGS doesn't allow perfect results anymore lol

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Machado - 9.5, Meadows - 9.5/10, Longoria - 9.5, Mondesi 9.5/10, and Hopkins 9/10

A nearly perfect submission except somehow, which mystifies me already, the Hopkins super had 8.5 edges. I swear BGS doesn't allow perfect results anymore lol

Congrats on the grades ! Maybe try a sub bump on the DH sometime , but overall congrats

Ryan

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I'm pretty sure most postal works have no use for trading cards. If they are tampering with PWE it's probably because they think it's giftcards.

Definitely not worth losing your job and freedom for baseball cards.

Members online