Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group Breaks Issue. Good Read! Would love to hear opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Well I guess we disagree. I expect breaks to happen in order of how they are paid for, listed etc.

I don't expect to pay for something that is ready for him to bust and then have multiple other breaks leap frog mine as well as multiple other cases and boxes.

And how people allow that to happen is unbelievable.

This is very similar to this scenario:

You walk into Taco Bell and order your food with five or six people behind you.

Then slowly but surely they all receive there food before you. Now the five or six people all have their food and finally yours comes out.

And your okay with that? Well if thats so more power to you but sorry if I bought something in front of you I expect to get it before you.

Actually, if my Taco Bell order was 10 times bigger than theirs, I would have no problem with it at all...

You just disagree with me and that's fine. But I'm telling you that the more seasoned posters on here would most likely not have any problem with it at all either...

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Actually, if my Taco Bell order was 10 times bigger than theirs, I would have no problem with it at all...

You just disagree with me and that's fine. But I'm telling you that the more seasoned posters on here would most likely not have any problem with it at all either...

Ten times bigger? Try 34 vs 20. Not ten times bud. (he also opened 2 to 1 chrome vs BDDP that night). The "order" is not 10 times bigger.

And now your saying that for some reason it matters if they are "seasoned posters."

I understand what your saying but I completely disagree. You may have your opinion but just because you are a "seasoned poster" doesn't mean that for some reason your opinion matters more which is what it seems like you are trying to slide in there. And it also seems like you think that I'm one of the only people who view this in this light. I'm sure MANY people would agree with my basic point. You pay first, your product/break gets busted first. Not after everyone elses is busted.

If you have 100's of cases that need to be broken for a certain release and have given the false hope of "completed in a week or so." Why in the world would you already have started posting 20 case breaks as well as case auctions every night? I think its clearly an issue of Houdini bit off much more than he could chew.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I just want to point out your Taco Bell scenario happens all the time. You must not order much fast food as there are plenty of places where someone behind you can receive their order before you. And no, I have never seen anyone throw a fit at the manager over it either. Just depends on what was ordered behind you and how easy it is for the workers to fill the order. Maybe a burger takes longer then filling a 8 pc mcnuggets order or so on. You need to use another analogy.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I just want to point out your Taco Bell scenario happens all the time. You must not order much fast food as there are plenty of places where someone behind you can receive their order before you. And no, I have never seen anyone throw a fit at the manager over it either. Just depends on what was ordered behind you and how easy it is for the workers to fill the order. Maybe a burger takes longer then filling a 8 pc mcnuggets order or so on. You need to use another analogy.

What i believe he means about the taco bell analigy, you order your food, they start making your food, then others order their food, they stop making your food and make the others guys food and they get their food before you and then they finish making your food.

Sent by mental telepathy using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Stryk

Aug 7, 2008
I am in the TC football break and I had no idea he was still breaking Bowman Draft. I was under the impression that the draft ended on the 22nd and payment due within 24 hours this wouldn't be an 8 cases in 7 day start. Now I understand having to have cases shipped and the holiday, but I would might not have bid if I knew we were still in the middle of the bowman breaks.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I have been to plenty of fast food. I've never seen it happen where five or six or more people all receive there food before even if I'm making a bit of a larger purchase (far from 10 times).

What i believe he means about the taco bell analigy, you order your food, they start making your food, then others order their food, they stop making your food and make the others guys food and they get their food before you and then they finish making your food.

Sent by mental telepathy using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Thank you for understanding. Not sure how people aren't getting this point.
I am in the TC football break and I had no idea he was still breaking Bowman Draft. I was under the impression that the draft ended on the 22nd and payment due within 24 hours this wouldn't be an 8 cases in 7 day start. Now I understand having to have cases shipped and the holiday, but I would might not have bid if I knew we were still in the middle of the bowman breaks.
Yeah.

I just think that maybe Houdini bit off a bit more than he could chew doing over 100 cases of draft plus 25 something cases of TC football and all the on demand breaks. But he would never ever admit that.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Has anyone done the calculations on what a group breaker actually earns? I remember people trying to run the numbers for Boomo's 50-caser.

I would be curious about the profit margin on running a first-on-ebay break, where the cards are broken by teams of people on release day, scanned for you, and shipped either directly to winner of a 1-day auction on ebay or expedited to you.

How bad can it be, get 10 employees to rip and scan for 10 hours and you could do 30 cases right? Buyers pay more to get the results of the first-on-ebay listings, everyone wins.

Or is this not feasible due to low profit margins? I honestly don't know.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Has anyone done the calculations on what a group breaker actually earns? I remember people trying to run the numbers for Boomo's 50-caser.

I would be curious about the profit margin on running a first-on-ebay break, where the cards are broken by teams of people on release day, scanned for you, and shipped either directly to winner of a 1-day auction on ebay or expedited to you.

How bad can it be, get 10 employees to rip and scan for 10 hours and you could do 30 cases right? Buyers pay more to get the results of the first-on-ebay listings, everyone wins.

Or is this not feasible due to low profit margins? I honestly don't know.

It's really tough to run eBay breaks at any sort of profit. I've tried and usually come out right at even or a small loss. There's just too many people breaking on eBay to be able to make any sort of money. One reason is fees from eBay. On forums you only have Paypal fees not any eBay fees. It's profitable in that sense and if you ad up numbers on Houdinis big 25+ case breaks he's making a decent amount. Not enough for this really to be a full time job but he also pays people to sort and ship.

If you can run these on a forum you almost always make at least a small amount of profit no matter what they may say to the public.

Houdini also lists the cases at prices on the site. Surely he doesn't have to pay those prices especially when buying 50, 75, 100 cases.

The only people that really know how much those people are making are the breaker themselves and it makes no sense for Houdini to come out and say "I make thousands" or whatever. Best to keep that quiet.

It's profitable if you do it right. However it's difficult to run it on eBay.

twisty71

Jun 1, 2013
Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Gah... just read the linked threads on BO and there is definitely a big beef between maxe and houdini (and lots of evidence making maxe look bad).

I'm all for giving someone another shot, so I'm not calling for action.

But we have to be careful that FCB is not a refuge for banned-from-BO members (maxe was banned after a series of incidents)... so everyone operate with a little caution here.

Maxe, nothing personal to you and I hope you continue to be a productive board member. Just think the members here deserve to know of past incidents and they can make their own decision.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Case breaking is a business not a hobby. There is plenty of money to be made. Why else would anyone do them. If your getting the cases wholesale you will make even more money.

Members online

Latest posts