Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Idiot college baseball player on twitter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Eh, I was thinking it was going to be worse. Had he not used the word **** (which in the linked article was blurred out, and my mind replaced with much, much worse things), then the tweet is pretty accurate.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Mo'ne is already on record as saying that he should be re-instated.

I agree with her, classic Over-reaction. Dumb thing for him to do but not worth losing all those privileges for..

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
The tweet was obviously intended to be funny. People might not have overreacted so hard if it didn't have an element of truth in it. (Not the **** part. She's what, 12?). But seriously, a movie of the week about a mediocre pitcher because she's a girl from the hood.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If she said that, that's very noble of her.

She did say that and that's because she comes from good people (and ten blocks away from me :D)

This may surprise some here but I support the tweeter......I really think he was trying to be obtuse and funny.....IE she did so well for herself and portrayed herself and her community so well that referring to a young girl who by all accounts is a hard worker, athlete and all around good kid as a "****" when she obviously was not was kind of a "elbow in the ribs" type jab

I really see zero racial or sexist intent......just calling a person the opposite of what the reader would expect.... this is a common comedy "routine" and I hope Mo'ne gets her wish and this young man gets to play baseball and go back to his life

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
See? Now THIS is offensive and most certainly sexist/racist. Hope you are kidding and my sarcasm meter is broken

Actually, it's the exact opposite. I think it's offensive and racist that society expects African American girls from bad neighborhoods to fail, so when one has a moment of success, they overpraise it. Then when one person goes away from the flock and calls her mediocre, he is scorned and called a racist/sexist... when all he is doing is captioning the obvious. This college student probably could've voiced his opinion in a better way, but he doesn't deserve the backlash he got for it.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Well therein lies the issue with your racism. She is young and black and from the inner city...

She isn't from a bad neighborhood. Or in your words, "the hood" which holds negative connotations.

She exceeded where the fast majority of boys her age did not. It's rare, it's uplifting and it's a young woman with character--most deserving of a movie IMHO

She is not mediocre and despite your ignorant projection, she is not from "the hood"

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
the basic assumption that she is "from the hood" is disgusting and she has been the first girl to earn a win, pitch a shutout and also one of the first to get a hit in the LLWS. First black girl to play in the LLWS.

We aren't talking about bowman prospects. These are kids and what she accomplished is far more than "mediocre"

Add too that she's a cool kid with a great community and has displayed wonderful character.....a very great young lady and most certainly not mediocre like you said.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Well therein lies the issue with your racism. She is young and black and from the inner city...

She isn't from a bad neighborhood. Or in your words, "the hood" which holds negative connotations.

She exceeded where the fast majority of boys her age did not. It's rare, it's uplifting and it's a young woman with character--most deserving of a movie IMHO

She is not mediocre and despite your ignorant projection, she is not from "the hood"

You missed my entire point and jumped right to accusing me of being a racist. Thank you for proving my point.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
And what point was that, oh enlightened one?

People are so quick to jump to call someone a racist/sexist if they don't agree that someone from certain backgrounds/demographics are great, just because the backgrounds/demographics don't normally produce greatness. (IE gender, hometown, upbringing, sexual orientation, whatever the case may be.) This country rewards mediocrity way too much. We've become a nation of "participation" trophies. Then when someone points out that those participation trophies are nothing special, they are crucified.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
People are so quick to jump to call someone a racist/sexist if they don't agree that someone from certain backgrounds/demographics are great, just because the backgrounds/demographics don't normally produce greatness. (IE gender, hometown, upbringing, sexual orientation, whatever the case may be.) This country rewards mediocrity way too much. We've become a nation of "participation" trophies. Then when someone points out that those participation trophies are nothing special, they are crucified.

Thanks for participating to defend a classless, clueless individual. You and he could learn something about class from this girl. Here is your ribbon for moron of the day, congratulations.

im_special_ribbon1.jpg

Members online