Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm just as in the dark as you are, but when it was mentioned, I remembered noticing the same on mine. I don't think it means anything though? I hope to find out.

I've got a slew of these. Unless it's Bags(and even then...not always), I'd never even have known as I don't pay attention to the numbering. I'll look as I get a chance. Bound to have one somewhere.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Both of the Griffey's I have have the dot.

Scan%204_3.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Every single TT Polo Grounds card has that dot, as well as a "smudge" on the right border (an inch or so down), a second dot an inch from the bottom on the left border, and a third dot just to the right of the serial #. No variation, these are all part of the design, trying to make these look and worn like the original cards.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Anyone familiar with this card/set? Appears to be on the Beckett checklist /51 but should it be serial numbered?

Ichiro-Suzuki.jpg

2001 Upper Deck All-Star Fan Fest Gold #UD51 - Ichiro Suzuki

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Added this awhile back. Haven't seen another.

2001-ultra-decade-of-dominance-platinum-dd8.jpg
So Awesome! Never seen one of any player before, including Gwynn. I absolutely love the checklist for this set from top to bottom:
Bonds, Barry
McGwire, Mark
Sosa, Sammy
Griffey Jr., Ken
Ripken Jr., Cal
Gwynn, Tony
Belle, Albert
Thomas, Frank
Johnson, Randy
Gonzalez, Juan
Maddux, Greg
Biggio, Craig
Martinez, Edgar
Clemens, Roger
Galarraga, Andres

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
So Awesome! Never seen one of any player before, including Gwynn. I absolutely love the checklist for this set from top to bottom:
Bonds, Barry
McGwire, Mark
Sosa, Sammy
Griffey Jr., Ken
Ripken Jr., Cal
Gwynn, Tony
Belle, Albert
Thomas, Frank
Johnson, Randy
Gonzalez, Juan
Maddux, Greg
Biggio, Craig
Martinez, Edgar
Clemens, Roger
Galarraga, Andres

Back in the day when insert sets featured powerhouse talent exclusively. Those days are long gone but missed dearly.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Bonds, Barry
McGwire, Mark
Sosa, Sammy
Griffey Jr., Ken
Ripken Jr., Cal
Gwynn, Tony
Belle, Albert
Thomas, Frank
Johnson, Randy
Gonzalez, Juan
Maddux, Greg
Biggio, Craig
Martinez, Edgar
Clemens, Roger
Galarraga, Andres

Hey check out the most expensive card to complete the set - Andres Galarraga! I truly hope he's not pictured in a Rockies uni on this card so I never have to chase it.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
It took me years to land this gold foil sample card. Hard to see but the regular version is a silver foil and the other is the gold.

25lc058y.jpeg

brov56wc.jpeg

Members online