Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Grading Ordeal continues, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
So why exactly are you avoiding showing the card damage? Also lets see the picture of when you pulled it. It would only help your case.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Rich G... the crotchety man with a heart of gold. Sometimes he'd just send Beckett board members a package of gold just for agreeing with him during a heated argument. I remember getting a box full of autographs because I sincerely told him he made a good point about something that he was being bashed on.
I was one of the fortunate few who he didn't call, "Idiot!" when he had a few too many cold ones to drink.
Good times. RIP Rich G.

When was he a member here?Never saw him.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
When was he a member here?Never saw him.

He was a member of the old Beckett boards. He passed away in a car wreck prior to this board being formed.

He had a million strong opinions, and unfortunately one of them was that no one could make him wear a seat belt. He was right about everything and everyone else was an idiot. He was really quite a character. If he had ever posted here, trust me, you would remember him.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My wife always yells at me for forgetting to put on my seatbelt. She's right. I wish my car had the automatic seatbelt mechanism like my old car did.

Last edited:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
He was actually a hate-filled jerk. The revisionist history that has been written about that toolbag is unbelievable.

Having said that, I wish his wife (who didn't take long to remarry) and his children nothing but the best.

Rich was a hater. He was also paranoid and had an huge ego but he was not only entertaining at times but he could really piss you off. I had a few run ins with him but had some very good conversations as well. I always found it ironic that he said no law was going to make him wear a seat belt but in the end that seat belt could have saved his life.

I wasnt aware his wife remarried soon after his death. Do you know this as a fact? How long has it been that he passed away? It feels just like yesterday but it was probably closer to 10 years I would guess.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Rich was a hater. He was also paranoid and had an huge ego but he was not only entertaining at times but he could really piss you off. I had a few run ins with him but had some very good conversations as well. I always found it ironic that he said no law was going to make him wear a seat belt but in the end that seat belt could have saved his life.

I wasnt aware his wife remarried soon after his death. Do you know this as a fact? How long has it been that he passed away? It feels just like yesterday but it was probably closer to 10 years I would guess.

Rich died in December of 2007. His wife remarried in July of 2011.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
But not wearing it was his decision. No one has the right to tell me to protect myself. If I do so, it's of my own choice. It's not about the seat belt.

I'm in suport of people wanting to kill themselves.

Motorcycle rider w/o insurance w/ helmet: In a coma, on the taxpayers dime for years.
Motocycle rider w/o insurance w/o helmet: Bloody mess cleaned up in a few hours, rider buried, minimal cost to taxpayers.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
He was actually a hate-filled jerk. The revisionist history that has been written about that toolbag is unbelievable.

Having said that, I wish his wife (who didn't take long to remarry) and his children nothing but the best.

This.

I still remember the thread where he claimed that he successfully ran from the police to avoid a speeding ticket. He also said that he would no longer love his son if his son ever turned out to be gay. I hope he is in a better place but while he was here on Earth, he was a giant toolbag.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
He was a member of the old Beckett boards. He passed away in a car wreck prior to this board being formed.

He had a million strong opinions, and unfortunately one of them was that no one could make him wear a seat belt. He was right about everything and everyone else was an idiot. He was really quite a character. If he had ever posted here, trust me, you would remember him.

Sorry to hear that.I used to not wear one either, but now I always do.I was on Beckett a little then, don't remember him.Sounds like an entertaining guy.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Did you know Rich personally? Or just from what he posted on the message board, which was largely an act.
Sure he was a stubborn ***** at times, but he also could be a nice and generous guy once you got to know him.
And since when is four years "not taking long to remarry"? Four years is a long time for a single mother, and I doubt you know the circumstances of her situation.
Let the guy rest in peace.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Did you know Rich personally? Or just from what he posted on the message board, which was largely an act.
Sure he was a stubborn ***** at times, but he also could be a nice and generous guy once you got to know him.
And since when is four years "not taking long to remarry"? Four years is a long time for a single mother, and I doubt you know the circumstances of her situation.
Let the guy rest in peace.

He's been dead for five years. You don't have to kiss his ass any longer.

"Nice and generous once you got to know him" is code for "Nice and generous when it bought him favor and built his little legion of ass-kissers." Like I said, the revisionist history that has been written about his guy is unreal. The message board "persona" was hardly an act. He was a hatemonger. It really is a shame that the old BMB isn't archived and we could kill this little charade about Rich being a cool dude.

And give it a rest with the whole "let the guy rest in peace" crap. He's dead. And when he was alive, he lived how he lived. Nothing that anybody says about him now is going to change any of that. Why is that nobody can be honest about a guy after he is gone.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
There are many of us who are quite different off of the boards. I don't know if he was or wasn't. I'm curious as to how, and why, you know his wife remarried.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
There are many of us who are quite different off of the boards. I don't know if he was or wasn't. I'm curious as to how, and why, you know his wife remarried.

Sent you a PM, but I don't see it in my sent messages. The thing about his wife was circulated last year among some of the old guard BMB guys and I got it that way. It was a link to a wedding announcement. I've since deleted the e-mail, because I didn't really care to begin with.

And the whole "this is my internet persona" thing is pretty convenient excuse for poor behavior. Seems like the only people using that excuse are the people who constantly act like tools.

Members online

Latest posts