Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buy my Moustache ... Plus a Chance to WIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Ever since I debuted my upper lip equipped with a manly handlebar moustache, I have heard TANNER! You absolutely MUST make a card with your moustache (or mustache, if you prefer spelling it that way.)

We all knew that it was going to happen. Well, friends - the time has come.

Years ago, Allen & Ginter debuted this idea with a hair from Abraham Lincoln. It was a framed mini relic.

2008-Lincoln-DNA-AllenGinter-front-sm.jpg

I was going to do that as well, but instead, I decided to amp it up a bit.

Instead of using an Allen & Ginter card, I opted for a full size card. Not only that, but I also used my own design, and sign it.

Here are a few other things that I did differently:

Instead of the measly little speck of hair like the Abe card, I went above and beyond. Yes, folks - I have equipped my newest creation with:

THE ALPHA HAIR
20150704_233825.jpg

Friends: straightened out, this is nearly 2 inches of manly moustache hair. The former top dog king of my upper lip. It didn't care if I was speaking or not - it draped down past my bottom lip like nobody's business.

In addition to this, I have added a piece of my camo baseball style cap. This cap is what I wear if I'm not wearing my plaid caddy cap. I wore it to Canseco's house, it is in Beckett and it is on my head many times when I am designing cards (including this one!)

20150704_235839.jpg

To top it all off, it isn't just a piece of it. It is a tag on the underside of the cap.

Wrap the hair, cap and autograph in a never before seen custom design as a red-ink one of one, and you have this:

20150705_113628.jpg

The back of it:

20150705_113443.jpg

20150705_113507.jpg

Now, this article is going to be different in two ways. Here is how:

1) I have posted this on ebay starting at 99 cents. The Abe relic had a tiny piece of his hair ... clearly not the alpha whisker. There was no cap relic, and certainly no autograph, yet it *STILL* fetched $20,000 if I recall correctly. Clearly, this *should* go for at least double. Yeah, he has the whole "former President of the United States" thing going for him, but was he ever in Beckett? I rest my case.

Okay, so maybe it will only go for a fraction of a fraction of this, but in the end, someone will be getting this Red Ink Autographed / Cap Tag / Moustache DNA Relic 1/1. The money will be put toward sending my wife and son on a mission trip to Mexico later on this month where they will be building a house and helping out at orphanages. Please bid! It is for a good cause :)

Here is the link: 2015 Mouschi 1 1 Tanner Jones Red Ink Auto DNA Mustache Relic Laundry Cap Tag | eBay - it ends in 7 days, or at around 6:35 PM CST on Sunday, 7/12/15.

2) The second part of this is that this auction doubles as a contest. Whomever guesses the closest to the end price of the auction will get this:

20150705_113936.jpg

The design prototype card for the 1/1, and as you can see, it is signed as well. This uber-rare, back-doored prototype is sure to be VERY valuable.

In addition to this, the one who guesses the closest to the end price will also get this:

20150705_113712.jpg

A special red ink autographed Rip Card. See the tab on the side?

20150705_113723.jpg

Rip that puppy open and find a prize...if you dare!

20150705_114055.jpg

All you have to do is leave a comment here with what your guess for the end price will be.

RULES
- Each guess must be in separate posts & if you guess more than once in the same post, only the first one will count.
- In the event of a tie, whoever guessed earliest would win.
- Note that you do have competition as this is running on other sites as well!
- If the winner ends up not paying, the next highest bidder will get a crack at it. Whatever the card ends up selling for is the end price.
- Price post editing will after July 12th, 5:35 PM CST will be disqualified.
- In the event of a tie, the person who guessed closest the earliest will win.
- In the event of a tie where both parties have guessed the exact end price at the exact same second, it will be settled in an internet televised match of rock-paper-scissors ... to the death.

If you happen to win the card in the auction, any cloning from my DNA will NOT be tolerated.

This will be posted on various forums and my blog, as well so be put on notice: You will have competition!

Hopefully this will prove to be as fun and entertaining for you as it was for me to put together. Bid and guess away!

20150705_113628.jpg

Again, the link is here: 2015 Mouschi 1 1 Tanner Jones Red Ink Auto DNA Mustache Relic Laundry Cap Tag | eBay - it ends in 7 days, or at around 6:35 PM CST on Sunday, 7/12/15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gou7otMRUHk

Last edited:

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
You have a big fan base. I can't believe Topps hasn't hired you yet they would do better in sales if the great mouschi made there cards at least the 1/1 or rare ones and they announced it.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] - LOL! No cloning!
[MENTION=6554]chris19978[/MENTION] I love that idea - I would *love* to have a hand in - or be in a future set.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
That's crazy $200.00 already a bunch of us should write Topps and show them this he will get hired for sure. I am half way tempted on Buying the Ruth Reprint Auto you have listed. They can use you as a selling ploy as you have a fan base from the looks of it.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Thanks for the positive comments guys! Keep guessing, keep watching and keep up the good thoughts!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
One person has placed most of the 50 bids and keeps raising it. Obviously a joke bidder (or a shill bidder; say it ain't so!) But he has a feedback rating of more than 10,000. Wonder who it is from this board?

mouschi

May 18, 2012
One person has placed most of the 50 bids and keeps raising it. Obviously a joke bidder (or a shill bidder; say it ain't so!) But he has a feedback rating of more than 10,000. Wonder who it is from this board?

As the seller, I have the ability to see the full username and he is someone from another forum. I think shill bidding is when the seller artificially inflates the price by using another ebay username (an extra one they have, urge a friend / family member to do so, etc.) right? If so, then that is not the case - I am happy to report I haven't had a hand in a single bid on this. :)

I see there are currently 3 people who have bid $200 or more on it at this point ... let's keep going, guys!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Video added to the original post

Members online