Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS Case of 1996 Topps Series One

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I have an unopened case of Topps 1996 Series one baseball. The one with all the Mantles.

It is one of two or three cases I have ever purchased new in my entire collecting baseball card life.

What would be the most effective way to sell it and yield the most money?

I have a huge baseball collection with cards dating back into the 50s/60s with a few late 40s cards like Bob Feller, Stan Musial and Joe Garagiola as well that I am going to start selling off as I get closer to retirement age. Bur for now I will start with the 1996 Topps case.

I also have 3 or 4 5000 count boxes of football, basketball, and hockey as well but 95-98% of my collection is baseball. Im a set builder and have tons of dupes to sell off

Last edited:

chilly55

May 16, 2010
Well, series 1 cases sell for roughly $400.00 to $425.00. In fact, the BBCE has their cases at $425.00 plus shipping. Secondary market will be lower. So figure upper $300's, like $385.00 or so dlvd. Individual boxes on Feebay seem to be going at less than $30.00 a box plus shipping. So it's a toss up either way. Doubt you would be able to make more than that if you broke the case and tried to sell sets/inserts. So probably best to sell sealed. You obviously could offer it on the boards at just under $400.00 or try and sell it on Feebay for around $425.00. You should be able to get a little more on Feebay, but you would end up owing Feebay 10% (8% if your a top rated seller).

Bill

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I appreciate the comment and advice Chilly

Well, series 1 cases sell for roughly $400.00 to $425.00. In fact, the BBCE has their cases at $425.00 plus shipping. Secondary market will be lower. So figure upper $300's, like $385.00 or so dlvd. Individual boxes on Feebay seem to be going at less than $30.00 a box plus shipping. So it's a toss up either way. Doubt you would be able to make more than that if you broke the case and tried to sell sets/inserts. So probably best to sell sealed. You obviously could offer it on the boards at just under $400.00 or try and sell it on Feebay for around $425.00. You should be able to get a little more on Feebay, but you would end up owing Feebay 10% (8% if your a top rated seller).

Bill

Members online

Latest posts