Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Id be interested to know. Of course it's all just opinion so u never know

[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]413 (IL): Thanks for chatting, JJ. Could you discuss Mac Williamson's omission from your list, and his approximate ETA?

J.J. Cooper: I wrote Mac up as a Top 10 guy originally, but the rough thing was that there are 11 guys I'd like to rank in the Top 10. Yes, he's No. 11 in the Prospect Handbook in case you all are wondering. The Giants don't have a lot of top 50 prospects in the system right now--Arroyo is the only Top 50 candidate and I'd say they have 3 Top 100 guys at most, but they have a ton of guys who don't miss the Top 100 by all that much. If you look at the back end of the top 10 here you have guys like Clayton Blackburn who have a track record of upper level success and a chance to contribute in 2016, guys like Jarrett Parker who already have contributed in the big leagues and a guy like Adalberto Mejia who most scouts think has a floor of a very solid lefty 7th-8th inning reliever with a decent chance to start (as soon as some point in 2016). I wouldn't be surprised to see Mac play in the big leagues at some point in 2016. Good prospect, but I liked the guys ahead of him a little better.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]413 (IL): Thanks for chatting, JJ. Could you discuss Mac Williamson's omission from your list, and his approximate ETA?

J.J. Cooper: I wrote Mac up as a Top 10 guy originally, but the rough thing was that there are 11 guys I'd like to rank in the Top 10. Yes, he's No. 11 in the Prospect Handbook in case you all are wondering. The Giants don't have a lot of top 50 prospects in the system right now--Arroyo is the only Top 50 candidate and I'd say they have 3 Top 100 guys at most, but they have a ton of guys who don't miss the Top 100 by all that much. If you look at the back end of the top 10 here you have guys like Clayton Blackburn who have a track record of upper level success and a chance to contribute in 2016, guys like Jarrett Parker who already have contributed in the big leagues and a guy like Adalberto Mejia who most scouts think has a floor of a very solid lefty 7th-8th inning reliever with a decent chance to start (as soon as some point in 2016). I wouldn't be surprised to see Mac play in the big leagues at some point in 2016. Good prospect, but I liked the guys ahead of him a little better.

Thanks for posting that! I guess I always think they would consider actual big league experience in their decisions. Thanks JP, you're always so helpful

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
JP, in your opinion, where do u think Trayce Thompson ranks on the white sox list? Some moron in sf said trade Arroyo for Thompson. Sounds like an awful trade

Last edited:

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
JP, in your opinion, where do u think Trayce Thompson ranks on the white sox list? Some moron in sf said trade Arroyo for Thompson. Sounds like an awful trade

As of now talks here in Chicago say he is on the opening day roster unless he gets traded away for Todd frazier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I just don't understand trading a 20 yo number one prospect.

I wouldn't call him the number 1 prospect. He just had a breakout year last year. I would put Carson Fulmer, Tim Anderson, Frankie Montas and Spencer Adams in front of Trayce.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I wouldn't call him the number 1 prospect. He just had a breakout year last year. I would put Carson Fulmer, Tim Anderson, Frankie Montas and Spencer Adams in front of Trayce.

I've been following Adams and picking up a few of his autos, sounds pretty promising

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Love that Mateo got #1 and Sanchez moved back up to #2 .

Lots of new blood this year with 6 new members, but all deserved. Acevedo should be a monster.

I think the Yanks have a solid minor league system right now, going well beyond the 10 listed by BA.

Don't you think it's a bit premature for BA to put Acevedo at #5 after 12 starts in just A level ball? Plenty of guys throw hard (95+) and seem successful at that level, only to get nowhere fast at the upper MiLB levels. He's really undeveloped re his secondary pitches and control, so they are ranking him #5 based on the fact he's hit 100 mph on the gun?

I know it's not a huge card, but I hit this purple Mateo auto and think it's time to have it graded!

MATEO.PURPLE.AU.250.15B.NS.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I think the Yanks have a solid minor league system right now, going well beyond the 10 listed by BA.

Don't you think it's a bit premature for BA to put Acevedo at #5 after 12 starts in just A level ball? Plenty of guys throw hard (95+) and seem successful at that level, only to get nowhere fast at the upper MiLB levels. He's really undeveloped re his secondary pitches and control, so they are ranking him #5 based on the fact he's hit 100 mph on the gun?

I know it's not a huge card, but I hit this purple Mateo auto and think it's time to have it graded!

View attachment 57618

BA ranks guys without any pro experience whatsoever all the time. They acquire their knowledge from scouts, team evaluators, etc.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts