Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A 52 topps mantle that made my heart hurt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Crazy to think the story behind that card. I wonder if the kid back in '52 (or whenever) that cut it even knows today what could have been. Out of curiosity, what would you think that thing would sell for in a PSA Authentic slab?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
From a value standpoint, yeah that just makes your head explode. For me as a collector I like vintage that "has a story". Having said that, this story might be too much. I've been watching a few Ted Williams rookies that have writing on them, like "the kid" or updating stats. To me it adds a certain flavor from the past that I enjoy.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'm guessing that card spent a good long while in a scrap book or art project. I'd still pay $50 for that card, if it's authentic.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
I would go in on it, considering it would probably be the only one I can afford LOL. Money aside, it makes for a pretty cool conversation piece, "Want to see my '52 Mantle?"

Members online