Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Anyone know much about this card? I was told it was a 1993 Team Pinnacle Prototype. The back is blank and I guess it was purchased at the National years ago.
View attachment 67248

That's awesome!! There has been a great showing of cards on here lately. I unfortunately cannot provide any knowledge on that issue though, but I think I like that look more than the original. Was it an ebay buy?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
That's awesome!! There has been a great showing of cards on here lately. I unfortunately cannot provide any knowledge on that issue though, but I think I like that look more than the original. Was it an ebay buy?

No it was an offline pickup.

Jan 14, 2009
Wow, those are great! 90 is probably my fav junk era design but I'd love to see a 1989 one too. I especially like these 1991 and 1992 cards name Ripken and Sandberg. If I collected those players I'd probably want to get ahold of these. Where did these come from?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Wow, those are great! 90 is probably my fav junk era design but I'd love to see a 1989 one too. I especially like these 1991 and 1992 cards name Ripken and Sandberg. If I collected those players I'd probably want to get ahold of these. Where did these come from?

I got them years ago but can't remember from where.

DTA

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I'm drooling over those Puckett's. Those are amazing cards right there!! I need the blue Puckett/white Steve Sax to complete my pair & would love to find those two Fleers someday. If anyone has a blue Puckett/white sax, I have some money waiting for you...

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'm drooling over those Puckett's. Those are amazing cards right there!! I need the blue Puckett/white Steve Sax to complete my pair & would love to find those two Fleers someday. If anyone has a blue Puckett/white sax, I have some money waiting for you...

Same here - I'd LOVE the Canseco versions of these if they are out there!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Wow - is that a legit promo from that set? Any idea if promos for other players exist?? Never seen or heard of those before.

Only a few players have them but yes they are legit. The only 2 I remember off the top of my head are griffey and Ricky Henderson.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Only a few players have them but yes they are legit. The only 2 I remember off the top of my head are griffey and Ricky Henderson.
Griffey, Henderson and Sandberg

Information

This 18-card standard-size set was produced by Score for Proctor and Gamble as a mail-in premium and contains 18 players from the 1992 All-Star Game line-up. The production run comprised 2,000,000 sets and 25 uncut sheets. A three-card sample set was also produced for sales representatives with a print run of 5,000,000 sets and 25 uncut sheets. The three sample cards, featuring Griffey, Sandberg, and Henderson, are stamped "sample" on the back. Collectors could obtain the set by sending in a required certificate, 99 cents, three UPC symbols from three different Proctor and Gamble products, and 50 cents for postage and handling. The certificate was published in a flyer inserted in Sunday, August 16 newspapers. The card fronts feature color action player cutouts superimposed on a diagonally striped background showing a large star behind the player. Card numbers 1-9 have a blue star on a graded magenta background, while card numbers 10-18 show a red star on blue-green. The backs display a close-up photo, biographical and statistical information, and career summary on a graded yellow-orange background. The cards are numbered "X/18" at the lower right corner
IMG_3558.jpg

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Thanks for the info! I've known about these cards since 1992 and never had any idea there were promos.

Griffey, Henderson and Sandberg

Information

This 18-card standard-size set was produced by Score for Proctor and Gamble as a mail-in premium and contains 18 players from the 1992 All-Star Game line-up. The production run comprised 2,000,000 sets and 25 uncut sheets. A three-card sample set was also produced for sales representatives with a print run of 5,000,000 sets and 25 uncut sheets. The three sample cards, featuring Griffey, Sandberg, and Henderson, are stamped "sample" on the back. Collectors could obtain the set by sending in a required certificate, 99 cents, three UPC symbols from three different Proctor and Gamble products, and 50 cents for postage and handling. The certificate was published in a flyer inserted in Sunday, August 16 newspapers. The card fronts feature color action player cutouts superimposed on a diagonally striped background showing a large star behind the player. Card numbers 1-9 have a blue star on a graded magenta background, while card numbers 10-18 show a red star on blue-green. The backs display a close-up photo, biographical and statistical information, and career summary on a graded yellow-orange background. The cards are numbered "X/18" at the lower right corner
IMG_3558.jpg

Members online