Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OJ Granted Parole - Hobby Impact?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Does anything happen to his cards? And while I am extremely doubtful of it, would Panini try to get him to sign cards? I'm sure he needs the money, and I'm sure they'd sell for a ton.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
frankly-my-dear-i-dont-give-a-damn.jpg

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There will always be a market for him in some way. From the lil' I know, his pension $ is protected, but any money he may earn from Autos/Books etc. the Goldman/Brown camps can come after per the Civil Suit. So I guess I'm curious how much on the books work he will do.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
would Panini try to get him to sign cards? I'm sure he needs the money, and I'm sure they'd sell for a ton.

I don't think he needs the money. He's got a pension plus it sounds like he'll be bumming around with friends for awhile.

I have given it a little thought since Friday if he'll sign cards but my feeling is "no" because he doesn't want to be working for the goldman family. I imagine with pension and social security, he won't want to do any additional income opportunities that he doesn't get to see much of.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The idea that he doesn't "need" money is strange. As far as I know, and I could be very wrong, but I think he still owes his murder trial lawyers a ton of money, plus the Goldmans, plus his current lawyers, plus who knows what other sorts of debts he incurred in his life. If every cent he earns outside certain protected sources goes to the Goldmans, etc., how would he not need money? According to the Money article, he could make low six figures from pensions and royalties. While that amount would probably be fine for you and me, I'm pretty sure the lifestyle he was accustomed to is one he wants to return to, and it's not one you can have on $150K a year. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some loophole he could wriggle through, or at least try.

Anyway, my question is more toward the attitude of collectors. People still collect Michael Vick, and if anyone is lower than Vick, it's OJ.