Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Contest!!] Let's play "Guess why it's an eBay 1/1" ! Win $15 PayPal! Ends 1/15/2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

As per this thread: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...ebay-1-1-NOW-A-CONTEST!?p=2239721#post2239721

We have all seen "those" sellers. You know who I am talking about - the sellers that find any obscure reason they can to label an item as an "eBay 1/1".
Well, now - thanks to [MENTION=1810]phillyfan0417[/MENTION] - you can benefit from this perplexing practice.

Tim wants to send $15 PayPal to the person who can BEST help him understand a seller's use of the term "eBay 1/1".

Here are the rules:

(1) Visit eBay and pay a visit to the listings of the seller by the name of aaronja1985.
(2) Look for his listings with "eBay 1/1" (or similar) in the title.
(3) Post a link to the item with YOUR best explanation for why the card is an "eBay 1/1".

Winners will be picked according to the following:

(1) Putting the most effort into deciphering as many of his listings as you can.
(2) Posting accurate links to the items.
(3) Originality.

Keep in mind that "serious" answers are almost impossible, but it'd be nice to see some sort of relevance between your explanation and the use of the term "eBay 1/1".
Have some super obscure uses on auctions from other sellers? Sure - throw those in. We need the humor!

REMEMBER! Have fun! There's no real requirement for the number of examples you post, but we do want to reward EFFORT!

A winner will be picked tomorrow (Jan. 15, 2015) at 3:00 PM EST (12:00 PM PST).

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Original Mike Schmidt eBay 1/1 being discussed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/d-18-50-MIK...&hash=item3cefc9bdd3#ht_82wt_1238=&rmvSB=true

This is pretty involved but I'll shed some light on how the seller is viewing this as a true eBay 1/1...

It is easy to see that the number 18 is in reference to the # of years Schmidt played in the MLB... 50 being the # of HRs he never achieved, only to achieve a career high 48 HRs in the 1980 season, could have been 50 if it wasn't for the two robbed HRs he had during that season (true story)

But that isn't where this stops...

The seller is multiplying the two numbers together, 18x50 = 900... which happens to be near his OPS for his career... but if you were to divide that 900 by his jersey # on the card (20), you would get 45 or the number of HRs Schmidt hit in 1979 or the year the seller was born, he is only 35 years old (another true story)

This is truly an eBay 1/1... I don't even want the auto and I'm compelled to maybe pull the trigger here.

___

My Albert Belle eBay 1/1, from yours truly vintagesnowmobiles: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-SELECT...1447594420?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item35e35a05b4

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm sticking to my original answer, though I know it won't win the contest ;).
18 MLB seasons :D

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I cheated and messaged the seller, does that count as good research, or does it disqualify me from the contest?

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
I don't think I can touch the [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] explanation, that's pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23-25-NOLAN-RYAN-2014-Topps-Finest-Baseball-Finest-Greats-GOLD-eBay1-1-BV-96-/261733935228?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cf08ee87c

This one is easy and is in no way keyword spamming. BV is 96 dollars. The serial is 23/25. Out of the cards numbered out of 25 that is the only one when added together and multiplied by 2 equals the BV, duh...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-15-XANDER...1733937045?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cf08eef95

Another easy one. Only Xander REFTACTOR on ebay!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-3-MATT-AD...1733904674?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cf08e7122

The seller explains the Matt Adams in the listing. Only one currently for sale thus 1/1.

Last edited:

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
The only logical reason I can think of that I have seen other sellers use in the past is that it is currently the only active listing on eBay for that particular card.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Now this one may come as a big surprise to all, but bear with me.

Jerry Lucas is actually the long lost brother of Star Wars creator George Lucas. Evidence as follows.

Jerry Lucas was a man among boys, hauling in an astounding 15.6 rebounds per game for his career. Many often wondered, how did he achieve such a feat? The answer is simple, Jerry himself referred to this ability as "The Force".

Mr. Jerry Lucas was always big into mind games and these interesting demonstrations of physics, which were on display for the world to see shortly before Star Wars Episode IV "A New Hope" was fermented in the mind of his distant brother, George:

"In the early 1970s he put his memory to the test when he appeared on television and amazed a national audience with his ability to memorize the first 500 pages of the Manhattan phone directory. After retirement, Lucas achieved success when he co-authored The Memory Book, a how-to bestseller that sold more than two million copies."

What follows has never been public information until now. Jerry used these mysterious mind games and planted the idea of the epic space opera known as Star Wars in George's head, with a strong reoccurring theme of "The Force". The night of June 12th, 1972 George woke up in a cold sweat in his Modesto, California home and began to put his pen to paper. The ideas were flowing like never before. The rest is history.

Now many be wondering, why does your story have so many flaws and holes, why didn't Jerry keep one of the most successful franchise film ideas for himself?

It is because Jerry does not want the world to know he is not normal, that his life is reminiscent of a science fiction movie, that The Force is real.

This story is fully revealed on the back of the letter "O" that has been placed inside of a 2014-2015 UD Legendary Letterman Trading Card that Jerry gracefully signed. He has now decided he wants the world to know the truth before the release of the 7th Star Wars installment. Perhaps Jerry is playing a mind game with Aaronja1985 so he understands the true importance of this card. The marketing ploy of listing it as an eBay 1/1 is crucial to all of humanity as Jerry patiently waits for someone to swoop in and purchase this masterpiece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-3-JERRY-LUCAS-2014-15-UD-Legendary-Lettermen-Auto-Patch-Ohio-State-eBay-1-1-/251791930154?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item3a9ff7f32a

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
With no creative bones in my body, I gave it a try. Good luck to all and may the force be with you :p

Members online