Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kershaw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Granderson broke it up. I really thought Kershaw would do it tonight. Never has lost to the Mets, nasty stuff, low pitch count, nine strikeouts.

CrawfordFan13

Jan 19, 2015
Players don't forget how to pitch in October and if it weren't for 2 bad innings (not games, innings) he'd have been just fine last year. If people used COMMON SENSE it would dawn on them that "Hmm, maybe PITCHING has LUCK involved and sometimes stuff happens?" and players don't just walk to the mound and say "Lol what's this white ball in my hand and how do I play with it?"

Bad luck > Bad Stuff. Use your eyes, not the medias.

With that being said, that's my personal bias taking effect. But I truly don't believe in choking in the playoffs. In my opinion Peyton Manning is the greatest QB in NFL history (I'm a Dolphins fan, we had Dan Marino, not many of us admit someone is/was better). In my opinion, Tony Romo is a top 5 current QB right now. It's my personal belief that you can't just suck in big scenarios. All sports have factors involved. No one is perfect. No team is perfect. If your bad luck or bad games hit you in in the playoffs, you get deemed a choker by the god forsaken media; and we all know people just eat that garbage up.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Players don't forget how to pitch in October and if it weren't for 2 bad innings (not games, innings) he'd have been just fine last year. If people used COMMON SENSE it would dawn on them that "Hmm, maybe PITCHING has LUCK involved and sometimes stuff happens?" and players don't just walk to the mound and say "Lol what's this white ball in my hand and how do I play with it?"

With that being said, that's my personal bias taking effect. But I truly don't believe in choking in the playoffs. In my opinion Peyton Manning is the greatest QB in NFL history (I'm a Dolphins fan, we had Dan Marino, not many of us admit someone is/was better). In my opinion, Tony Romo is a top 5 current QB right now. It's my personal belief that you can't just suck in big scenarios. All sports have factors involved. No one is perfect. No team is perfect. If your bad luck or bad games hit you in in the playoffs, you get deemed a choker by the god forsaken media; and we all know people just eat that garbage up.

Until he proves otherwise, it's been proven he can't pitch with the bright lights on him. He's proven that so far.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Until he proves otherwise, it's been proven he can't pitch with the bright lights on him. He's proven that so far.

Definitely. Because Kershaw has never pitched well in the Playoffs...

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

I'll use my eyes to disagree with you. MadBum was decent in the regular season last year, but really kicked it up in the playoffs. When Andy Pettitte would get in the playoffs he's be on a new level. Jeter never had a moment that was too big for him. Alex Rodriguez was awful in the playoffs until 2009, Bonds scuffled a lot too. Some players perform better in big situations, some cannot.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'll use my eyes to disagree with you. MadBum was decent in the regular season last year, but really kicked it up in the playoffs. When Andy Pettitte would get in the playoffs he's be on a new level. Jeter never had a moment that was too big for him. Alex Rodriguez was awful in the playoffs until 2009, Bonds scuffled a lot too. Some players perform better in big situations, Kershaw cannot.

Fixed it for you.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Has he ever won a 7 game series?

Honest question. I don't remember.

When did the Playoffs become limited to 7 game series? In the NLDS two seasons ago he was dominant in his 2 starts. He struggled in the NLCS the last two years but are you going to argue that he can handle the pressure of the NL division series but not the NL championship series?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
When did the Playoffs become limited to 7 game series? In the NLDS two seasons ago he was dominant in his 2 starts. He struggled in the NLCS the last two years but are you going to argue that he can handle the pressure of the NL division series but not the NL championship series?

It means he's never accomplished anything.

I'd take Michael Wacha over Kershaw any day.

He's proven to be a force in the playoffs. NLCS MVP. Elevates his game when the bright lights are on, unlike Clayton Kershaw, who chokes.

In other words, I love trolling Clayton Kershaw.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Michael Wacha that had an ERA of 81.00 in the 2014 NLCS?
To be fair, Wacha only pitched one-third of an inning in the 2014 NLCS.
If you want to use similar miniscule samples, Kershaw pitched a full inning in the 2015 all-star game and had an 18.00 era.

And for a larger sample, Kershaw is 0-4 with a 7+ era in the 2013 and 2014 NLCS combined. So Sam has a point about Kershaw in the spotlight.

But I would still choose Kershaw over any pitcher if I needed one game to win.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
To be fair, Wacha only pitched one-third of an inning in the 2014 NLCS.
If you want to use similar miniscule samples, Kershaw pitched a full inning in the 2015 all-star game and had an 18.00 era.

And for a larger sample, Kershaw is 0-4 with a 7+ era in the 2013 and 2014 NLCS combined. So Sam has a point about Kershaw in the spotlight.

But I would still choose Kershaw over any pitcher if I needed one game to win.

Sometimes it's just best to let a joke marinate. Let it sit. Let the joke breathe.

Carry on.

Members online

Latest posts