Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Cy Young winners: Kershaw & Scherzer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Kershaw enters rare company with this award. Definitely less intrigue than the MVP voting will be since pretty much everyone expected this. Well deserved by both pitchers.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The coast bias sickens me.

If Wainwright pitched on the East or West coast, he would have at least 3 Cy Young awards.

Just like Bonds screwing Pujols out of a few MVP awards.

And Lincicum screwing Wano and Carp.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The coast bias sickens me.
If Wainwright pitched on the East or West coast, he would have at least 3 Cy Young awards.
I hope this is a joke post, because you're smarter than this Sam.

If not, then it's ironic that you're calling the media biased, when you're so biased for the Cardinals.

Even the St. Louis beat writer voted for Kershaw, as did every other voter in the midwest and other non-coastal cities (except for the one voter from Cincinnati who picked Wainwright).

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
But he didn't play for the Cardinals - therefore - didn't deserve it. ;)
Yup. Some people (not just Sam) have their team blinders on just a tad too tight sometimes. I can't say I haven't been guilty of it myself.

Kershaw deserved every first place vote. But how did four writers leave Wainwright out of the top 5? That's ridiculous.
100% agree. Obviously I feel Kershaw was more than deserving (again, team blinders might be a factor), as did 29/30 of the writers that voted for him. This year he was the clear choice. However, Wainwright had a fantastic year - no way should he have placed that low on some ballots.