Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can eBay do anything about snipes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Don't kid yourselves - Ebay makes a ton on snipes & if they wanted to do away with it they would've years ago. Snipes rock anyway!

OK, so why not create their own snipe service or offer the ability to do it yourself then?! Like punch in your bid and time you want it to bid.... if they're making hand over fist with snipes.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Don't kid yourselves - Ebay makes a ton on snipes & if they wanted to do away with it they would've years ago. Snipes rock anyway!

Sure there's the occasional dueling snipe boom, but overall aren't there a lot more auctions that go:
a) opening bid by bidder 1
b) snipe by bidder 2
c) "ah I should have bid a couple extra bucks" bidder 1?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Snipes = higher bids = more money for eBay. Again I can't see why they'd want to block this.
asterisks = more search results = more visibility for sellers = more items selling for higher prices = more money for ebay. It'll be a cold day in hell before asterisks are done away with.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I agree BUT do you ever think about what would happen if Gixen would ever to get hacked?! Who would you call? Don't get me wrong, I use Gixen but let's be honest, they're a black box as far as I'm concerned

If Gixen ever got hacked (not likely), and then my ebay account got hacked (not likely), then I would just create a new ebay account. All I do is buy on there anyway....

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If Gixen ever got hacked (not likely), and then my ebay account got hacked (not likely), then I would just create a new ebay account. All I do is buy on there anyway....

Hmmm well maybe I'm overthinking how bad it would be if I gave you my log-in and just said "try and f*ck up my account"... thought it was linked to my checking account/paypal and eBay would hold me to what I bought... maybe not

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
.............................So exactly what do you do when you have mutiply cards ending within seconds/minutes of each other??
img_0561.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts