Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
I picked up this Holliday/Rios dual jersey card. You can see part of the authentication hologram on Rios' jersey.

07_hollidayrios_13of25_zpsff2cdd88.png

So you were the one that beat me to the punch! Congrats on such a nice piece!

Spikes

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
That is why I don't bid on patches much anymore.Didn't they wear those uniforms in a few games back then though?

They may have, but the nice, real patch cards are low numbered, /5 - /50. The higher number ones are always big jersey pieces. Plus it's just too perfect looking. That patch would have been broken up to maximize usage.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I have studied cardinals patches pretty extensively. I even asked Brian Finch of the Cardinals museum questions about patches during a school field trip lol my class mates made fun of me. Anyway I can not recall them every wearing that patch, until 2012 with the 30th anniversary celebration. When the cardinals wore the Turn Back the Clock powder blues in Milwaukee 2005 the patch was NOT on there I am almost 100% certain. That would have been the only time that I can think of in which that patch could have been used. The Final game celebration jerseys (white Mitchell and Ness throwback to the 80s uni) had the final season patch. I am 100% certain this patch is fake.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
LMFAO. Someone just payed $80 for a Descalso Printing Plate 1/1. If they don't have the other 3 that is stupid. Daniel Descalso wouldn't pay $80 for a printing plate 1/1......if he collected cards lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
got a couple extra TTM/IP's laying around if anyone needs them.
Bob Tewksbury 91 Fleer
Todd Zeile 94 CC and 91 Bowman
Omar Olivares 91 Score
Tommy Herr 86 Donruss
Luis Alicea 93 Fleer

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
What do you guys think about selling Taveras now and buying back later? I've just got 2 base auto's....but the prices are ridiculous right now.

Feb 28, 2012
Syracuse
What do you guys think about selling Taveras now and buying back later? I've just got 2 base auto's....but the prices are ridiculous right now.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have any autos, but I have extra blue refractors and blue wave refractors. So far, it seems that the non-auto blues have stayed the par. I sold one last year for $40 and they've been in that range. One went for $49 though...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
got a couple extra TTM/IP's laying around if anyone needs them.
Bob Tewksbury 91 Fleer
Todd Zeile 94 CC and 91 Bowman
Omar Olivares 91 Score
Tommy Herr 86 Donruss
Luis Alicea 93 Fleer

If you have scans I may have some interest.What was you needing for them?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
i'll try to scan later. All clean sigs on clean cards. Just looking for an address if you need any of them

We're getting a another damn snow storm here, so may be awhile before I'm back on (tired of this crap, want to move down south).Just rain for you in Springfield?

I would move your Taveras now and buy back later.I have a purple refractor I need to list.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA

I'm kicking myself for scoffing at paying $70-80 for autos in December...prices are nuts now.

I picked up a BGS 9.5/10 auto about a month ago for $170, they seem to be going $200+ now. I don't really prospect much, but if he is as good as everyone says $170 is going to be a cheap price. Been trying to pick up more autos but with spring training in full swing it seems like people are going after him big time.

Can you imagine if he for some crazy reason made opening day roster?

Been trying to find a Wacha 9.5/10 auto but there isn't much up at the moment.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I'm kicking myself for scoffing at paying $70-80 for autos in December...prices are nuts now.

I picked up a BGS 9.5/10 auto about a month ago for $170, they seem to be going $200+ now. I don't really prospect much, but if he is as good as everyone says $170 is going to be a cheap price. Been trying to pick up more autos but with spring training in full swing it seems like people are going after him big time.

Can you imagine if he for some crazy reason made opening day roster?

Been trying to find a Wacha 9.5/10 auto but there isn't much up at the moment.

On Wacha are you looking for base or color? I'm about to send in a dozen or so, I'm confident that 90 percent will be gems

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Busted a case of National Treasures today, pretty ehh. I need to stop looking at the sell sheets and being tempted by all the amazing stuff.

Got two cases of Heritage coming next week. I hope they are both loaded with Cardinals autos, because this year's set is going to KILL my wallet trying to get everything...I mean a Hank Aaron/Musial/Yaz triple auto #/5? Why Topps why???

Last edited:

Latest posts