Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 hobby boxes of 2013 Bowman Sterling-- sort of meh, but some potential...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Non-auto:

Bryant
Wacha
Starling
Arcia, O.
Soler
Eaton
Paulino
Fernandez
Guerreiri/Bogaerts
Blackburn/Pederson
Olt ref /199
Montgomery ref /199

Autos:

ANDERSON, C.
CHURCH
CIUFFO
CRAWFORD, JP
DANISH
EATON
ERVIN
FRAZIER
GRAY, J.
GYORKO
HART
JONES, R.
KNAPP
KNEBEL
LORENZEN
MAY
MCPHEARSON
MONTGOMERY
MORBAN
PALKA
POLANCO
RENFROE
SHIPLEY
STEWART
THURMAN
UNROE
URIAS
VENTURA
WILLIAMS, J.
WINDLE

REFRACTOR AUTOS #’D

JAGIELO REF /150
ZIOMEK REF /150
SHIPLEY GREEN REF /125
ANDERSON, C. RUBY REF /99
KAMINSKY ORANGE REF /75
WEBSTER ORANGE REF /75

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

Montgomery and Olt RC are refs /199; rest are from the base card set

30 Base autos:

6 parallel autos:

Kaminsky /75; Webster /75; Anderson /99; Shipley /125; Ziomek /150; Jagielo /150

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
No expert on these, but seems like a rough break overall. Definitely some of the better names, but missing a big hit to pull through for ya. I still love Sterling. To this day, I remain mystified as to how these tanked off. When this product hit in 2004, it was killer. Remained that way for a couple of years. The base autos were very desirable and values were high. I really thought this product was going to outdo the basic chrome and it seemed like it was on the way, but here we are today, where the autos of these guys are still a far cry from that of base chrome.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
These were actually not the two boxes I wanted. I may get the actual two boxes I wanted today. :)

Some upside here though. Quite a few good names that could turn "big" before long. It's a fun break.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Oh wait - this is only 2 boxes! LOL. I thought it was a case! Oh yea - much better then! Even still though, aren't a couple boxes like $500? Is there even $200-$250 return here? I think you like to grade as well and my recollection on these is that the grading is really hard as the back corners easily show white, many times right out of the pack. I think Lisu did a big grade run on these and got a boatload of 9s.

I hope your two boxes today are spectacular! Best of luck and I look forward to seeing the contents!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Design and crappy parallels kill the product.I bought a red refractor out of this, and the card doesn't even look like a red refractor.Years ago, Bowman Sterling red refractors were some of the nicest looking cards made.Now they look like crap.And why to the cards only have the player's last name?Dumb.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Design and crappy parallels kill the product.I bought a red refractor out of this, and the card doesn't even look like a red refractor.Years ago, Bowman Sterling red refractors were some of the nicest looking cards made.Now they look like crap.And why to the cards only have the player's last name?Dumb.

Yeah, the reds used to be blazers! They are tough to delineate from the ruby ones this year.. I just compared mine and I'd say they are almost exactly the same shade. I wouldn't know it was /1 or /99 without the numbering on the back. There are far too many parallels for Sterling now too.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, the reds used to be blazers! They are tough to delineate from the ruby ones this year.. I just compared mine and I'd say they are almost exactly the same shade. I wouldn't know it was /1 or /99 without the numbering on the back. There are far too many parallels for Sterling now too.

Agree with everything you said.The other parallels don't look that attractive either.I have Bowman Sterling red refractors from '06, they look amazing.Now they look dull as hell, and I don't have much desire to collect them anymore.Yes, there are too many parallels, but they saturate every Topps product now.They are a runaway freight train that can not be stopped.

Members online