Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dansby Swanson & Ozzie Albies Promoted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I'm curious if either of them will get a September call up. When I began investing in Albies I wasn't expecting a call up until 2018 at the earliest based on his age. It was to be my first longer term investment.

I doubt we see them this year no matter how well they do. Atlanta would be wise to think about team controllable years.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I doubt we see them this year no matter how well they do. Atlanta would be wise to think about team controllable years.

The only reason they'd do it is to try and showcase their talent to help sell tickets for their new stadium next year, as they need to give fans some reason to believe this rebuild mode will lead to a good team next year. Personally I don't think our team will come together until 2018 so I'm of the same belief that there is no reason to call them up so early. Calling them up too early could also hurt their progress (especially Albies who is only 19).

Members online