Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Score Hobby Reserve & Premium Stock Discussion - HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I need some help because I'm struggling to "prove" the following, which I believe to be true...

-1997 Score was broken up into Series 1 and Series 2

-1997 Score had 551 total cards (330 in Series 1 and 221 in Series 2)

-Premium Stock mirrored Series 1 (330 total cards) but they used a gray boarder on the front and an embossed gold foil Premium Stock logo

-Hobby Reserve mirrored Series 2 (221 total cards) but they added the gold Hobby Reserve foil seal on the front

Am I missing something here? Can anyone help "prove" this to be true with showing the actual sell-sheet or box or something?

I'm trying to get Beckett to correct their "checklists" online because it's also screwing up COMCs, which are showing players like Albert Belle to have Premium Stock cards #428 and #495 , which clearly are NOT Premium Stock cards but it's a vicious circle going on.

If I'm wrong with those bold facts, please correct me.

ok 1997 score
series one was 330 cards
series two was 221 cards
premium stock was srries on 330 cards (they have a gray border and a embossed gold-foil premium stock logo
reserve was series 2 221 cards (they have a textured ray-like silve foil backround on the front and reserve collection underprint on the back)

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'll try to scan and post my Olerud 1997 Scores this evening (I'm at work now can't you tell? :) ). I think I have all the versions of series one and two except a "white border Artist Proof" of series one.

- Rodrick

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
'97 '98 pinnacle brand stuff is just a mess of un needed products, confusing inserts, errors, wacky packaging and similar products.

~thank goodness this doesn't happen any longer ~

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
ok 1997 score
series one was 330 cards
series two was 221 cards
premium stock was srries on 330 cards (they have a gray border and a embossed gold-foil premium stock logo
reserve was series 2 221 cards (they have a textured ray-like silve foil backround on the front and reserve collection underprint on the back)

The Reserve Collection is the S2 parallel with the raised silver foil background, that is not the same as the easy to find Hobby Reserve (which is the S2 equivalent of Premium Stock). The Reserve Collections are damn near impossible to find, and probably only exist in that magical box somewhere that's also full of Pinnacle Online Winners and Pacific retail parallels.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Believe it or not, Beckett had this "less wrong" just two years ago. All they had done was transposed "Hobby Reserve" (the base cards) with "Reserve Collection" (the frosted foil parallel cards). Not a hard thing to fix and it was an obvious mistake because the base cards were showing as being worth substantially more than the parallels.

Then what happened is that they started getting requests to fix it. Unfortunately, they tried and messed that up.

Two main problems:

1. They don't recognize that there is a numbering variation in Hobby Reserve where base cards can either have a card number with or without an HR-prefix.

2. They extended Premium Stock past #330 on the checklist.

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture23837-griffeycl.jpg

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture23838-mariano-rivera-rock-fire.jpg

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture23839-frankreservecl.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
ok, so I've had HR102 on my wantlist for a loooong time. I'm looking for a card that simply doesn't exist then, right? Hobby Reserve is S2 only?

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
I had a lot to deal with since they have him over 2 teams - Still looking for the Premier from the regional release - ugh.

20131003_175925_zps4d234354.jpg

-AJ

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Can be found with or without the HR depending what pack/box you pulled it from ( retail packs or the 30 card hobby box version)

(I'll try and locate my non-HR version -- that series is plain buried sadly),,,,

Your saying the Reserve Collections have variations also ? I didn't realize Reserves came in retail ?

Ryan

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Score/Pinnacle's moto back in the day was "guaranteed scarce". How scarce are these? We talking <50? <100? <500?

Members online

No members online now.