Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dave Winfield and Jim Rice collectors - 2012 TTT Question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
In 2012, Topps Triple Threads had a Relic Combo with both y'all and Albert Belle on them. Do any of you own or know of the sale of the 1/1? I only ask because if so, I know I won't be able to pry it out of any of you and I'd like to mark it as "GONE" on my checklist, as I do for all cards that I know have been pack pulled and are locked away in a PC somewhere.

Here is the #/3 that I own and paid an arm and a leg for but only after the first two had sold, so this was my last attempt to cross it off my list!

EBB041A1-F5A0-4013-800B-2B302CAF76BE-3165-00000214337B03C7_zpscde3ff0a.jpg

As a reference, I know the Eddie Murray, Jim Rice and Albert Belle 1/1 from the same set sold for ~$180 in April 2013 and I was no where near the top bidder on that one. I just know there are a few Winfield and Rice guys on here and thought I'd ask.

Also, not trying to be cute but I started a thread (here: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139888) asking around but I'm looking to acquire one of the #/9 versions of the Winfield/Rice/Belle card too, so let me know if you see that around or have a dup available.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As a Rice collector, I haven't seen the Ruby version you speak of for sale anywhere.
Interesting. Thanks for dropping in and letting me know! I have a feeling someone knows of it's whereabouts and that it's either with a Winfield or Rice collector... which is fine, just looking to mark it off as "gone" - I already know it'd be out of my price range fighting with Winfield and Rice collectors ;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Other Rice collectors? [MENTION=5090]oiccup41[/MENTION] [MENTION=6164]DeliciousBacon[/MENTION]

Winfield guys? [MENTION=4035]DaClyde[/MENTION] [MENTION=5934]Winfieldfan32[/MENTION]

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sometimes that stuff never shows up. Could still be in a pack or just in the collection of the person who pulled the card originally and they don't have to be a fan of any of the players. Someone on this site (bongo something or other if I remember correctly) mentioned that they never trade anything they pull, so a collector like that might have a handful of desirable pieces tucked away for good. It amazes me that something with print runs of 50 or 100 are so hard to find, but they can be at times. I have never seen many of the 1/1s for Garvey show up.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sometimes that stuff never shows up. Could still be in a pack or just in the collection of the person who pulled the card originally and they don't have to be a fan of any of the players. Someone on this site (bongo something or other if I remember correctly) mentioned that they never trade anything they pull, so a collector like that might have a handful of desirable pieces tucked away for good. It amazes me that something with print runs of 50 or 100 are so hard to find, but they can be at times. I have never seen many of the 1/1s for Garvey show up.
Totally agree with you about things sometimes just never show up, which I guess is why I was asking. Sometimes a card like this will never find it's way to eBay but will show up in other ways and certain player collectors will know about it or heard about it or a fellow collector of said player will have it and tell the group, etc. I know some of my Belle 1/1 never hit eBay and I was contacted directly from the guy who pulled it, etc.

The other interesting thing you said was just about some collectors keep what they pull, etc. This is so interesting and reminds me of collecting back in the '90s before all this rip/flip eBay jazz. I'd imagine a ton of Belle cards are this way but never know of a 1/1 changes said persons mind and he decides to sell, etc. This is what's interesting about my LCS here in Dallas... they open a box or case of each product that comes in the door and NEVER sells online at all... everything goes in their case, so sometimes I'll see a sick card and just laugh because if they would just accept eBay and online sales, they'd probably make SO much more money but instead they let everything collect dust in their glass cases.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
WAAAAY out of my price range. I usually don't even search for cards like that as they make my budget sad.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
WAAAAY out of my price range. I usually don't even search for cards like that as they make my budget sad.
Understood... I'm in the same boat... if it did ever spike, I wouldn't be in the running for it... the #/3 took me for more than $100, which I didn't expect. Was more interested in if you knew of it's existence or that someone owned it... wanted to mark it off my checklist as "packed out but gone"

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I do have one of the #/18 if your interested?

View attachment 46361
I will double check the PC when I get home but I think the only one that I am currently looking for today is the #/9, which is crazy I haven't seen it. I think a few sold on eBay right around the release date and of course no others have surfaced since.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Well well well... probably over paid but I think I found the /9... that would complete the entire rainbow including the 1/1 :eek:

Members online