Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Leaf Cal Ripken Ironman Signature Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This release is easily one of the more compelling values Leaf has offered in recent memory.
Cal Ripken is easily one of the most collectible players in baseball history. This release has substantial value as it includes not one, BUT TWO AUTOGRAPHED CARDS PER BOX.

EACH CASE CONTAINS 10 BOXES.
EACH BOX CONTAINS ONE IRONMAN AUTOGRAPH CARD PLUS ONE BUYBACK AUTOGRAPH CARD (PSA/DNA SLABBED AUTHENTIC)

http://leaftradingcards.com/Production/Sales_Sheets/2014_RIpken_Ironman/RIPKEN_SALES_SHEET.pdf

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Those signed '80s cards look gorgeous!
But why does Leaf call them buybacks? Leaf didn't buy back its old inventory. They bought cards on eBay, at shows, card shops and from collectors, like the rest of us do, and had Ripken sign them.

And why sticker autographs on the Leaf cards if they had Ripken sign the vintage ones on card?

Regardless, they're nice looking cards, even though I'm not a fan of companies using other companies' products.

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
If I am going to be buying Ripken auto's, I'll just pick up some older Ripken auto's.. (like these)

1998-gold-chiro.JPG

skybox-purple.JPG

ult-sig-numbers.JPG

I'm not a fan of the sticker auto's either.. If I wanted a Ripken sticker auto, I'd get a Sports Legends that are on sticker as well.. and sell for around $35 - $40..

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
You could easily get $60 per Ripken auto, plus you could easily get another $30-$40 of Ripken cards/parallels... Easilly! Leaf is easily giving money away! It's impossible to lose money on this!

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
You could easily get $60 per Ripken auto, plus you could easily get another $30-$40 of Ripken cards/parallels... Easilly! Leaf is easily giving money away! It's impossible to lose money on this!

That's how I saw it!!!
My competitors pay $60 per signature for Cal..

Obviously, by using stickers on original content I was able to make a deal that provides extreme value.
BG

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I don't get why you guys are bashing this product. Let's analyze this. You get 2 auto's in the box, 1 is a sticker auto, go ahead and sell that one for between $40-50 (that's where I bet they settle). That leaves you with a PSA Slab that all appear to be on card. You are getting a PSA slabbed Ripken auto for 40-50 bucks with a chance to pull a much more expensive card. This is a no brainer.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I don't get why you guys are bashing this product. Let's analyze this. You get 2 auto's in the box, 1 is a sticker auto, go ahead and sell that one for between $40-50 (that's where I bet they settle). That leaves you with a PSA Slab that all appear to be on card. You are getting a PSA slabbed Ripken auto for 40-50 bucks with a chance to pull a much more expensive card. This is a no brainer.

With more and more Ripken autos out there and so many better choices, his Leaf autos are lucky to hit $50. Take his Leaf Sports Heroes auto for example. It often sells for around $35 and a few copies have even sold under $30. The sticker autos in this set will all be so similar that I can't see them selling much better. Ultimately, this set is all about the slabbed PSA auto. I think it's a good product if you are looking to have some fun and pick up a couple of Ripken autos, but if I collected Ripken, I would just stick to singles. The sticker autos are rather bland and any slabbed PSA auto could already be picked up on the secondary market.

Members online