Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August 2008 club sound off like you got a pair!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO

Total Posts 730
Posts Per Day 0.23

I visit almost everyday. I don't post much. Which is crazy I never run out of things to say.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Joined after [MENTION=2092]BowmanChromeAddict[/MENTION] mentioned it to me.

Although I didn't do much on BMB anyway...

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
August 10th 2008 still lurking post occasionally no longer collect but still enjoy the hobby maybe even a bit more now through others

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
8/7/2008 here... I still remember all the drama and fast moving of the "Big Switch".

Only 700+ posts but I've taken multiple breaks during that time and try to provide more quality over quantity.

I am also completely mobile at this point, and I think the best decision Chris has made was making the app a few years ago. Otherwise not sure I would be on here still...

This will always be "Gangsta's Paradise"!

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
8/7/2008 here... I still remember all the drama and fast moving of the "Big Switch".

Only 700+ posts but I've taken multiple breaks during that time and try to provide more quality over quantity.

I am also completely mobile at this point, and I think the best decision Chris has made was making the app a few years ago. Otherwise not sure I would be on here still...

This will always be "Gangsta's Paradise"!

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Although the first app that I bought from Tapatalk sucked.

This new one through the BYO program has been great since I got the push notifications to work.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Nice. I obviously wasn't here then, but must say...

"Viva la Revolucion!"

I stumbled across this site back when I was a protesting member of the Coalition Against the Unfair Treatment of Cardboard. I had high hopes that FreedomCardboard.com was the key to a worldwide spread of peace and stifling dissent by targeting activists for specific abuses, such as pack searching, airbrushing, back-dooring, hand stamping, ill-treatment in bicycle spokes, yellow bordered Fleer cards, and intrusive Becket Moderation surveillance. Some of you non-2008 members only see the surface of interesting threads, long-lasting friendships, and an easy to use interface with a dedication to improvements, but the founding fathers of Freedomcardboard.com risked their lives, their screen names, and eternal persecution for the good of the hobby. "Long Live August 2008"!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
OG Day One 8/7/08 Club reporting in.

It's amazing how quick and easy the transition was from the Beckett board.
Beckett imploded, we pilgrims boarded Captain Gilmore's ship and it was smooth sailing to the promised land of FCB.

I don't think I've gone a few days in these almost nine years without reading the board. It's great how many FCB originals are still here.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I guess I might be considered a newbie, as I've only been here since 5/18/12, but hey - my 5 year FCB anniversary is coming up!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Still have my fcb t shirt and squishy ball somewhere. And maybe even David Cooper and Tim Beckham cards.

DTA

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Just don't smoke THAT pot!!!
HUH¿¿¿

3ddad440a6863f8f9842e0cc4b4c0e93.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts