Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We have our first winner - TTT Community Tournament - Congratulations Zan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I'm going to vote for the Either. I like the Greenberg but I'm just not a fan of low numbered bat relics even if it's a legendary hall of famer.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Alex, want to use this scan? (since it's supposed to be Triple Threads)

ethier.jpg

I like the Ethier 1/1..

Good contest..

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Congratulations to [MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] on taking the first bracket.

Here are the cards for bracket 2.

attachment.php

[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] submitted a 6 player emerald relic /18
attachment.php

[MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] submitted a patch /9
attachment.php

Two more great cards!

Let the voting begin. We will keep this open until until 9PM ET on Friday, April 8.

Good luck guys and please let us know why you selected these cards for the tourney.

Attachments

• Topps Triple Threads.jpg
    Topps Triple Threads.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 65
  • GraceCollector.JPG
    GraceCollector.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 67
  • metallicalex777.JPG
    metallicalex777.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 66

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Congratulations to @Zan on taking the first bracket.

Here are the cards for bracket 2.

attachment.php

@gracecollector submitted a 6 player emerald relic /18
attachment.php

@metallicalex777 submitted a patch /9
attachment.php

Two more great cards!

Let the voting begin. We will keep this open until until 9PM ET on Friday, April 8.

Good luck guys and please let us know why you selected these cards for the tourney.

Here is the reason I chose the Valenzuela for this round. I was able to photomatch the patch to prove it is game used :) Here is a copy of the rundown:

Picked up this patch awhile ago for CHEAP! Didn't research the patch until now on the patch (thanks to Tony's last post to get me started). This looks to be from a sleeve patch worn on all Dodgers jerseys in 1984. If so, I believe the jersey Topps is now using in the 2014+ cards might be from the jersey in this auction: http://www.milehighcardco.com/1984-f...-lot29078.aspx

The card:
tek9.jpg

Example of the sleeve patch worn in 1984:
Dodger-olympic-baseball.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Another great round. I will have to give the edge to Fernando for the pose and he patch. If the 6-piece would have had a patch in it, it would have taken the win. Fernando by a hair.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The reason I chose the 2007 6 Player Relic is that I like cards with history behind them, and that celebrate aspects of the game that are integral to it. In May 1957, MLB owners voted to allow the Giants and the Dodgers to relocate to California, a heartbreaking decision for fans of both teams in New York. But spreading MLB to the West Coast helped usher in the modern era of the game and grew interest in the game throughout the US. That Triple Threads recognized this historic moment on its 50th anniversary with 6 of the players (Orlando Cepeda, Monte Irvin, Bobby Thomson, Duke Snider, Johnny Podres and Don Zimmer) that made the transition to California with their teams was impressive to me, and it and its parallels are favorites in my Zim PC.

07TOPPSTRIPLETHREADS27.jpg
07TOPPSTRIPLETHREADS36.jpg

Last edited:

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
This is another very difficult choice! I find myself “nit-picking” them in my head trying to choose one over the other. The Valenzuela has a great photo, but I’m not a fan of the “pinkish-tan” color or the fact that we see a lot of white jersey where there could be more patch. The booklet has a great “story” or idea behind it, but I’m not a huge fan of multi-player cards, and it seems strange (to me) that the windows state “CAL” instead of “CA” for California.

In a close one between 2 really nice cards…I vote for the booklet card.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Both are great cards. However, the Fernando looks great and let's face it anytime you can attribute provenance of a game used item to a specific game or season makes it stand out from the rest. On top of that the fact that it's a 1984 sleeve patch is even more amazing; a year that would see 'El Toro' continue to command respect from the mound and add another All-Star selection to his resume.

I have to go for Fernandomania.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm voting for the booklet. It's a good looking design that has great vintage pieces. It's more of a "historical" piece as there is s story behind the creation of it. The Venezula is a great piece and the photo matching almost took the vote

Members online