Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
As crazy as 2K sounds the prototypes really are stunning and if I had that kind of bank, 2K for a player or PC guy that sells as well as Henderson and that I really wanted doesn't sound that crazy. Plus aren't they limited to 1 or two copies each?

I was told 1 copy of red and purple, 2 copies of green. I tracked these down many years ago and I've been trying to buy them since 2012. I can tell you that 2K, not what I paid, is way better than the original price quoted back then.

I may have ended up overpaying a little, but...FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRUSADES PROTOTYPES.jpg

They are great looking cards and I'm happy to have them. Now I just need to find the *** promos that I missed out on.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Love, love, love the Crusade Proto's. No purple for me :(

GiambiProtoRed.jpg

GiambiProtoGreen2.jpg

GiambiProtoGreen1.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
no red Pedro, which is really sad, since it would likely be the nicest looking one. Samho is unsure whether the Red was ever made since he was unable to come across it in his searches

MartinezPedro_1998DonrussCrusadeGreen159CTAprototype_zps2b8a1539.jpg
MartinezPedro_1998DonrussCrusadePurple159CTAprototype_zpsc63bf016.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
btw, am curious - does anyone with a Crusade prototype have trouble fitting it into a 55pt magnetic? i know even the regular Crusades are often very curved (especially the Reds)...have had trouble getting them in there

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
no red Pedro, which is really sad, since it would likely be the nicest looking one. Samho is unsure whether the Red was ever made since he was unable to come across it in his searches]

I don't see any reason to believe that it wasn't produced. The print run of entire "set" has been easy to follow unlike the 1997 Mirror Black cards. The Pedro exist, it will just be an egg hunt.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I was told 1 copy of red and purple, 2 copies of green. I tracked these down many years ago and I've been trying to buy them since 2012. I can tell you that 2K, not what I paid, is way better than the original price quoted back then.

I may have ended up overpaying a little, but...FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 65882

They are great looking cards and I'm happy to have them. Now I just need to find the *** promos that I missed out on.

Those are some stunning cards congratulations!!!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
This thread is on fire!

This will be my best post so far on FCB ;) FYI I joined FCB in the fall of 2009 as FCB member HOFautos had a red crusade Manny that was available for sale. I had been runner up bidder on the Manny red crusade 3 times in 2007-2008 on ebay...and I was not about to miss one again. We worked out a deal and I have kept the Manny 90's pc going since then... I remember being very nervous about doing a deal with an unknown online member, but the help, knowledge, and collections of FCB members are second to none so I'm still rolling with FCB 7 years later!

IMG_zpsa9yx6hfy.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsf6ebvn6t.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsqvbxpugd.jpg

IMG_0004_zpsskexklh6.jpg

IMG_0006_zpsym7bnbqz.jpg

IMG_0007_zpsf29bchws.jpg

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Finally found one of these. Was basically a sleepwalking purchase sometime Sunday night. Overpriced COMC listing but wasn't worth it to try to make an offer, been on my want list for a while. ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1479952885.005139.jpg

Last edited:

Members online