Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone seen this vintage baseball/pinball game offer for National attendees?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Not a single pic of one on their website.

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I'm going to guess its going to be similar to this

Front Porch Classics Circa Baseball : Target

For $1,000 retail ($650 with discount), I surely hope it's nothing like that.

I do have the "full sized" version of that Front Porch game, though. It is pretty fun.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what this mystery game looks like and how it plays. I contacted the manufacturer, so hopefully they will share some more info.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Dimensions & Specifications
The Scoreboard has 7 golden arches in it for displaying your own memorabilia. Above the arches is an old fashioned wooden walkway that is the base of the scoreboard. The scoreboard has a retro early 1900s look, with real working clock. We have 2 aluminum flagpoles with US flags on each corner of the scoreboard. The dimensions of the game are:

• Width 41.5"
• Length 41.5"

Sounds pretty sizable.
• Main Body Height 2.75"
• Ballpark Fences 5.5"
• Rear Scoreboard width 32"
• Rear Scoreboard height 18"

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
They finally posted a pic of the game. It looks cool...but not $700-$1,000 cool.

72558342.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Saw it being played at the national.
It's pretty big and did look really cool.

As for gameplay, it's two players and the ball gets shot out the middle piece which can be moved by the pitcher to cause curves.

The better then hits the ball hoping to shoot it up a ramp for a hit.

Now granted, I was only watching it for a few minutes but a couple of "stop game play" events happened/ potentialy happened like when the ball got wedged behind a ramp (not a big deal at all).

The ball could also fly off the field which is why the fence is available.

The actual field is very impressive and makes people stop and stare.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Saw it being played at the national.
It's pretty big and did look really cool.

As for gameplay, it's two players and the ball gets shot out the middle piece which can be moved by the pitcher to cause curves.

The better then hits the ball hoping to shoot it up a ramp for a hit.

Now granted, I was only watching it for a few minutes but a couple of "stop game play" events happened/ potentialy happened like when the ball got wedged behind a ramp (not a big deal at all).

The ball could also fly off the field which is why the fence is available.

The actual field is very impressive and makes people stop and stare.

Thanks for the impressions. In your opinion, what is a reasonable price for the game?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Honestly, just as a display piece, I think it's worthy of around $500.

Add in the playability and fun and extras, imho, I think it's worth over $500.

I don't have any knowledge at all about how much it actually costs to make and market etc but it is cool.

Youtube real play table top baseball game for the demo

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Thanks for the link. The game is well designed, but I just can't get past the pricetag.

The premise is very similar to the Front Porch Classics game. I picked up the "deluxe" version several years ago and incorporated several mods to the rules/playfield. I think it's a lot of fun (and so does my 8 year old!). All for about 1/10 of the price as this one.

I hope they sell a lot of these games, because it is obvious a lot of time and TLC went into creating it. I just have to wonder how many folks can/will justify the pricetag.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
While I don't agree with the price, I can understand why. There's a lot of time put into building/designing and making this game. It's not mass-produced to make the money on volume.

Members online

Latest posts