Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
A lot of people I talk to are pretty optimistic about the Cardinals playoff chances.

I’m not too optimistic, but they have a chance if they do well against the Cubs in these next 7 games with them.

yeah that's the season right there, have to win at least 4 gms to stay in the hunt.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I wanted to hear from some Cards fans. What's your take on Paul DeJong? Do you think he's exceeded his ceiling and likely won't be this good in the future or do you think he was an underrated prospect who could perform even better with more experience?

I picked him up for free (off free agency) in my dynasty fantasy league and there have been times where he has absolutely killed it. As the season comes to an end I'll have to make the decision of either dropping him and risk losing him when next year's draft begins or just keeping him.

I generally always pay attention to the minor leagues but had never heard of him before he was called up & he's been killing it ever since (.289 avg/22 HR/.862 OPS)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
d27a0913b93fddede84948155ab6cdff.jpg

Scoped this hottie during the game today.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I wanted to hear from some Cards fans. What's your take on Paul DeJong? Do you think he's exceeded his ceiling and likely won't be this good in the future or do you think he was an underrated prospect who could perform even better with more experience?

I picked him up for free (off free agency) in my dynasty fantasy league and there have been times where he has absolutely killed it. As the season comes to an end I'll have to make the decision of either dropping him and risk losing him when next year's draft begins or just keeping him.

I generally always pay attention to the minor leagues but had never heard of him before he was called up & he's been killing it ever since (.289 avg/22 HR/.862 OPS)

I don’t pay too much attention to the minors, so I hadn’t heard of him either, but I believe he’s legit. He’d be in the ROY race if it wasn’t for Bellinger running away with it.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
A lot of people I talk to are pretty optimistic about the Cardinals playoff chances.

I’m not too optimistic, but they have a chance if they do well against the Cubs in these next 7 games with them.

I could see the team maybe sneaking in. But don't see a team good enough to make a deep run.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

I'm somewhat worried about his walk/strikeout ratio. It's horrible right now. Team already has a bunch of high strikeout players, so I hope he can improve. Pham has made significant progress doing that, so I hope DeJong does as well.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm somewhat worried about his walk/strikeout ratio. It's horrible right now. Team already has a bunch of high strikeout players, so I hope he can improve. Pham has made significant progress doing that, so I hope DeJong does as well.

I’m not too worried about him. It’s his first year in the big leagues. He’s a really good player, I think he’ll make the necessary adjustments.

He’s not Grichuk.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Got a nice little steal. Cards came in the mail today. Notice the card on the top right. Not even listed in the title. From what I can tell the last raw copy went for 70 plus shipping from Japan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALBERT-PUJO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Wow. I'm surprised someone with that much feedback overlooked that. I think I have bought from them before. The Molina rookie black refractor I bought was hidden in a lot with a bunch of other refractors. It was hard to spot in the picture unless you knew what you were looking for.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts