Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Trade Deadline - Who do you want your team to deal? and not deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Well the deadline is coming soon and I figured we should start chatting about the impending trades! SOOOOOO, who do you want your team to trade, and/or who is "on the block" for your team that you don't want traded? My cubs seem to be in a great position in regards to trade chips. 1. Matt Garza 2. Kevin Gregg 3. Scott Feldman 4. Dioner Navarro 5. Alfonso Soriano 6. David Dejesus 7. Carlos Marmol While I don't agree with everything Theo and Jed have done, if they can turn Navarro, Gregg, and Feldman into legit prospects, that would be huge for a couples guys plucked off the scrap heap and signed to 1 year deals.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Matt, you'll be bummed to learn the Dodgers are in serious talks to get Marmol. I know....sigh.

As for the Rays, I already know Friedman's gameplan.

Do. Nothing.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Milwaukee Brewers

Trade the entire effing team! Just keep Carlos Gomez and Jean Segura.

Trade Braun away for pitching before he gets hit with the 100 game suspension.

I don't want any prospects because Brewers management (Melvin) will just let the players rot in the minors until they are past their primes.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Morneau's HR totals are down but he's hitting close to .300 and is on pace for 50 2b's and 100 rbi...I say that if the Twins aren't in contention that they for sure move him. He's a great ballplayer but most people see the HR total and assume he's having an off year all around. We need consistent pitching and our quality prospects are still a couple years out. I'm all for whatever we have to do to get the pitching

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I want the DBax to be aggressive in acquiring an arm and a power bat. Possibly letting go of Ross or Kubel

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Heard on the radio the yanks are talking a rod to the tigers in exchange for miggy.

Sounds like a steal for the tigers as the castellanos era can get started.

thatsawinner

Jun 4, 2013
I'd love to see the Cardinals go after a top tier starting pitcher, like a Cliff Lee. I know they don't want to trade away the farm, but with Matt Carpenter tearing things up at 2B, I think they could part with 2B prospect Colten Wong and a few second tier guys (I'm sure the Cardinals would love to include Rollins too, but I'm not sure how) This could allow the Phillies to also trade Utley and receive even more talent for the future.

I'd also like the Cardinals to pick up a solid 7th inning guy for the bullpen.

Go Cardinals!!!

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Cardinals DO NOT need starting pitching. We have the best staff in the league. No reason
to mess with that. We need an upgrade to Wigginton he is horrible. I agree we need a 7th
inning guy to go with Rosenthal/Mujica. I expect Mo to make one or two minor trades to
shore up the bench/bullpen.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Cardinals DO NOT need starting pitching. We have the best staff in the league. No reason
to mess with that. We need an upgrade to Wigginton he is horrible. I agree we need a 7th
inning guy to go with Rosenthal/Mujica. I expect Mo to make one or two minor trades to

I see a deal with the White Sox for Thornton. Maybe a throw in Beckham and allow him to move back to SS.

Yes Cards need a right hand bat off of the bench because the Ty experiment is weak.

thatsawinner

Jun 4, 2013

I agree that the Cardinals have a solid starting pitching staff, but who is the 5? I know we've got several guys that are talented there, but do you trust them yet? And do you really want to see Westbrook facing the Tigers lineup in Oct. or wouldn't you feel better with Wainwright, Lee, Lynn, and Miller. Plus, I'm not confident that Westbrook is going to be able to stay healthy. Just my thought that if we are going to win it all we need another top tier starter.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I agree that the Cardinals have a solid starting pitching staff, but who is the 5? I know we've got several guys that are talented there, but do you trust them yet? And do you really want to see Westbrook facing the Tigers lineup in Oct. or wouldn't you feel better with Wainwright, Lee, Lynn, and Miller. Plus, I'm not confident that Westbrook is going to be able to stay healthy. Just my thought that if we are going to win it all we need another top tier starter.

5 SP regular season and 3 SP for playoffs, Cards starters are built for Oct. Plus, I cant see them moving big pieces to pick up Lee, or any other top tier guy.

Many see the log jam being 2B.......I would say that the log jam is at 3B and I would not be surprised to see Freese dealt.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I know I'm going to get a bunch of heat for saying it, but I really feel like the Mariners should trade 'Kuma. Taijuan Walker and Danny Hultzen have been unhittable recently in AAA, and Erasmo Ramirez is a very solid starting pitcher. Not to mention James Paxton. Tyler Pike and Victor Sanchez who were both about 2 years away are doing very very well respectively. The problem is who could we get in return? I would be all for sending him to St. Louis in return for Oscar Taveras, but as it has been said here, St. Louis no longer need pitching. I have been playing a three-way trade out in my head, and it sounds good (at least from my point of view)

Seattle sends Iwakuma, Furbush to Cleveland. Julio Morban, Michael Saunders and Jesus Montero, maybe a PTBNL go to Miami.
Cleveland sends Francisco Lindor, Ronny Rodriguez, & Danny Salzar to Miami.
Miami sends Stanton, PTBNL & $ to Seattle.

This of course is a pipe dream. Cleveland would probably have to throw something else in, and Miami would definitely have to add a PTBNL, but Miami would get the shortstop of the future that they have wanted (not Profar but still), a very solid outfield prospect, a 19-year-old second baseman to go with Francisco Lindor, a starting outfielder in Saunders who I truly believe can be a very good player if everything clicks, and a project in Montero, but someone who still has a future. Cleveland would receive a legitimate number two behind Masterson and have a nice arm in the bullpen. They would have to give up no one at the major-league level, and I definitely think this would solidify their spot as central champions, and would definitely help their postseason run. Seattle would have their premier power player for the future, Z said during the off-season that he wanted to go after good free-agents, here is your chance. With this lineup for the Mariners, I truly believe they will be a legitimate World Series contender in two years.

Miller SS
Franklin 2b
Stanton RF
Seager 3b
Morales/Smoak DH
Zunino C
Peterson 1b
Ackley CF
Romero LF

Felix #1
Walker #2
Hultzen #3
Ramirez #4
Paxton #5

Anyways, I just woke up and had my morning painkillers, so this might not make any sense to anyone, but as a Mariners fan it is a lovely thought.

EDIT: I just realized Cleveland probably should be getting something else in return, but I really haven't watched and them that closely thread don't know what.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cardinals DO NEED another starting pitcher!!!!!!!

Westbrook is a bum, and can't be counted on. The baby birds on the staff can't be depended on down the stretch to carry the load. They have a team capable of winning it all this year, they need one more piece in the rotation.

The bullpen needs another arm added too. MAJORLY!

I still have no idea why in the bloody blue hell they gave Wiggington a contract for more than one year. The guy is TERRRRRRRRRRRIBLE!!!!! He is awful. My God he sucks. Find a stupid team and trade him to them!

If the Cardinals don't make a few pitching moves, they'll continue their slide, and maybe not even make the playoffs at all.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I hope Rick Hahn tears it all down.

I hope so too but as history shows with this head office group it will probably be only some minor tinkering and will not be a full rebuild.
But hey the Sox just signed the #2 international prospect according to mlb Micker Adolfo Zapata.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'll add on to my DBax staring pitcher n bat request. Get us a a relief pitcher who can hold the damn lead.... That's all

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts