Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Last 50 Years Mount Rushmore (List Your 4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So running off the [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] thread, I thought it may be interesting to see what "modern" day players are on your Rushmore. Players who started their career in 1963 (went to there so Rose could be included if you wanted) and up are the only players you can pick from. This can include current players if you choose. Please list 4 players when you post to keep it consistent.

In the other threads that included all players , those who received at least 20% ranked like this FYI
(1) Babe Ruth
(2) Ted Williams
(3/4) Hank Aaron and Willie Mays tied
(5/6) Cy Young and Jackie Robinson tied
(7) Ty Cobb

Ryan

Last edited:

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Nolan Ryan
Barry Bonds
Griffey Jr
Mariano Rivera

Mo makes it for me because although not as valuable as everyday players the fact that he is the best reliever ever works for the theoretical Mount Rushmore.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Bonds, Griffey, Ryan, Henderson
i wanted to include Gwynn, but then I'd be leaving off every other baseball player that died...
(okay, okay...I'll stop!!! I'll stop!!!):D

Seriously, that 4th spot for me could go a lot of ways, but I am 100% behind the first three. I chose Hendrrson for the speed, power, avg, longevity, etc...

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm going to do this before I read anyone elses. I wanted to go with Pete Rose but he was 1963, so I am going to list in no particular order:

Ken Griffey Jr
Barry Bonds
Nolan Ryan
Greg Maddux

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Nolan Ryan
Barry Bonds
Griffey Jr
Mariano Rivera

Mo makes it for me because although not as valuable as everyday players the fact that he is the best reliever ever works for the theoretical Mount Rushmore.

Mariano is great, but you have to leave off the best starter of the time period, Greg Maddux and his 355 Wins. Mariano pitched 1283 great innings, but Maddux pitched 5008 innings! I don't think I could put Mo above Rickey either.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm going to do this before I read anyone elses. I wanted to go with Pete Rose but he was 1963, so I am going to list in no particular order:

Ken Griffey Jr
Barry Bonds
Nolan Ryan
Greg Maddux

I'll edit my first post and change it to 63' so Rose could be included. I thought the 50 years range covered the class that could be on this list w/o overlapping the ones from the other threads. So now that Rose can be included , how does that change yours

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
BTW mine is:

Bonds
Griffey
Maddux
Pujols

It was close on the 4th spot with Randy Johnson

Ryan

Last edited:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

Ken Griffey Jr
Barry Bonds
Nolan Ryan
Greg Maddux

I also go with these players, however I will switch Bonds for Henderson

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I picked them based on popularity and their extraordinary all-time records

Pete Rose (hits)
Nolan Ryan (K's and no-hitters)
Rickey Henderson (steals and runs)
Cal Ripken (game streak)

Barry Bonds is excluded because of steroids. Rose was banned while manager, not player.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Bonds (greatest power hitter ever, best single seasons ever)
Henderson (best baserunner ever, runs record)
Pedro (best pitching seasons ever)
Maddux (best control / finesse pitcher ever)

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
Griffey
Jeter
Randy Johnson
Ripken

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Bonds (greatest power hitter ever, best single seasons ever)
Henderson (best baserunner ever, runs record)
Pedro (best pitching seasons ever)
Maddux (best control / finesse pitcher ever)

Hate having Bonds on the list but this is my list as well.

Latest posts