Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever Had Stolen Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
About a year ago someone came into my house and stole the majority of my patch collection. Why yet didn't tough the stuff they could easily sell, locally, is beyond me. Anyone that remember my patch PC, I have some killer jumbo 1/1's. I've yet to see them anywhere and since traded off what was left in that PC for royals stuff.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I vaguely remember that.You bring up a good point.So you have to give a list and value of cards to insurance?You have to prove what you paid?The scumbag go to jail?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
About a year ago someone came into my house and stole the majority of my patch collection. Why yet didn't tough the stuff they could easily sell, locally, is beyond me. Anyone that remember my patch PC, I have some killer jumbo 1/1's. I've yet to see them anywhere and since traded off what was left in that PC for royals stuff.

What were the patches that were stolen?

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
What was some that was taken?Was this at home?

I know he had complete sets from 74-04 he had a Mantle rc that his Dad gave him. Had 3 Jeter rc and bunch more. Yes it was at our house, but now we have security system, and some cameras.

He was planning on selling the cards to help pay for my collage education, so thats how l got into collecting.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
About 5000 cards stolen in a home breakin (and 2 laptops) in 2009. Had no insurance, total loss. 1 laptop eventually recovered. Lost a lot of items of sentimental value (Schmidt and Henderson RCs that were gifts from my dad, extensive collections of 05 sportscasters, 02 donruss originals inserts, etc...)

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have always suspected that it is possible I had a jordan RC. I had a decent pile of those 86/87 F cards and rediscovered them after my time in the navy. I had let a collecting friend of my brother go through them and I can't remember now if we traded any or not. When I went back through them later, when they were at the peak of their popularity, I had 3-4 Jordan stickers, but no Jordan cards. he was one of the few big cards I didn't have. Maybe my luck was just bad, but I will never know.

Not a theft story, but I remember buying Topps hockey cards just one year, the Gretzky RC year. My goal was to pull a Gordie Howe card, which I never did. I went back later and looked through the cards and unfortunately was not lucky enough to have gotten a Gretzky either.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I dodged a bullet when my home was broken in to a few years back. They got a tv, laptop, and ps3 but missed the cards.

I had LOTS of valuable Polamalu cards at the time and my Sean Burnett rarities.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
About 5000 cards stolen in a home breakin (and 2 laptops) in 2009. Had no insurance, total loss. 1 laptop eventually recovered. Lost a lot of items of sentimental value (Schmidt and Henderson RCs that were gifts from my dad, extensive collections of 05 sportscasters, 02 donruss originals inserts, etc...)

Bummer.If I ever get my boxes of inserts I have a couple of those Sportscasters I'd give you if you're still collecting them.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I have always suspected that it is possible I had a jordan RC. I had a decent pile of those 86/87 F cards and rediscovered them after my time in the navy. I had let a collecting friend of my brother go through them and I can't remember now if we traded any or not. When I went back through them later, when they were at the peak of their popularity, I had 3-4 Jordan stickers, but no Jordan cards. he was one of the few big cards I didn't have. Maybe my luck was just bad, but I will never know.

Not a theft story, but I remember buying Topps hockey cards just one year, the Gretzky RC year. My goal was to pull a Gordie Howe card, which I never did. I went back later and looked through the cards and unfortunately was not lucky enough to have gotten a Gretzky either.

Aren't the Jordan stickers still worth good money today?

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Bummer.If I ever get my boxes of inserts I have a couple of those Sportscasters I'd give you if you're still collecting them.

Thanks man, that's a nice offer. I thought for a while I would be able to track them down and was vigilant at local shops, shows, craigslist and ebay for awhile but eventually gave up. Now I pay for renter's insurance, collectibles insurance, and musical instrument insurance to cover all my valuables, just had to learn the hard way I guess.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Thanks man, that's a nice offer. I thought for a while I would be able to track them down and was vigilant at local shops, shows, craigslist and ebay for awhile but eventually gave up. Now I pay for renter's insurance, collectibles insurance, and musical instrument insurance to cover all my valuables, just had to learn the hard way I guess.

When I was in college there was a fire in my dorm and had a lot of smoke damage to my stuff.No renter's insurance, luckily nothing too valuable.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
I had my first ever GU card stolen about 2 weeks after I pulled it. I must have opened 500 packs of 1999 UD MVP and finally pulled the Piazza GU Bat.

To this day I think that my friend that collected took it.

I also had a package of 20 2010 Drew Pomeranz base autos stolen auto of my car (among other items) when I stopped at the store before I went to the Post office. That was back when they were actually worth something.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I vaguely remember that.You bring up a good point.So you have to give a list and value of cards to insurance?You have to prove what you paid?The scumbag go to jail?

I had most of the good stuff scanned in photobucket, so that was all I needed to tell the guy. Then I just sent him a link to my 1-month Beckett subscription and a master list of what was taken; he then educated himself. The rarer ones with no established value were the ones I had to sift thru PP to find the invoices of what I really paid. After a week, the adjuster was getting overwhelmed and just called me and asked me for the prices I paid, since he assumed I knew what I was talking about and he wanted the claim done :)

The break-in artist was never caught.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yes! I had a bunch of PSA/DNA autographs stolen about 3 and a half years ago:

http://khalilgreenecollector.wikispaces.com/Stolen+Autographs

I was very bummed for a while. This was a home break in while I was at work teaching. The thief also got our laptop, digital camera, and a Wii. Thankfully we had insurance, but I still search eBay from time to time to see if any of these show up anywhere.

If I ever get them again I have some TTM autographs of a few of those guys I'd give you if you want.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
No.

But, our school used to hate cards of any kind, so they would take them if they found them.

Of course, we used to love trading cards after school, so I'd always hid them deep in my backpack so that nobody would take them.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I had my first ever GU card stolen about 2 weeks after I pulled it. I must have opened 500 packs of 1999 UD MVP and finally pulled the Piazza GU Bat.

To this day I think that my friend that collected took it.

I also had a package of 20 2010 Drew Pomeranz base autos stolen auto of my car (among other items) when I stopped at the store before I went to the Post office. That was back when they were actually worth something.

The more stories I read the more it reminds me of other cards that went missing.A little over a decade ago I used my work bonus to buy I nice Jeter collection even though I didn't really like him then.Collection had a IP autograph, 3 '93 UD SP rookies, and a bunch of rookies and numbered inserts/parallels.Not long after that when I moved I had the Jeter rookies graded with some other cards.Still to this day I have no idea where those damn cards ended up.Fed Ex tracking said they were delivered at my door, but I never found them.Suspected someone else at complex or neighbour could have taken them.I asked my neighbour and he said he never saw them.Cards completely vanished in thin air.

Still have the IP autograph and the rookies and numbered inserts/parallels.Though some of the other inserts and base I had of Jeter are mysteriously gone too.My room was getting cluttered, so I took them to some other property that my grandparents bought thinking no one would ever do anything to them.When I moved back home I went over there to find them and they were gone.I long suspected a cousin I used to be good friends with took them, though I can't prove it and I know there was a lot of other people over there too that could have taken them.Pisses me off cards just vanish like that.Really bugged me for awhile, seemed like I tore my room up and the other place looking for them.

Members online

No members online now.