Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
Haven't posted in a while on here but I got this in the other day!
ebe9bdd15238cdcaed8f3ad22810240e.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Does anybody know if there are SPs In the 95 UD Electric Diamond Gold set? I just remember an Alan Tramnell sold for like $335 at auction. Can't find the discussion on that.

The S2 seem to be impossible to find, due to everyone cutting back production for their Series 2 products that year. I recall another Trammell collector saying that copy that popped up was the only known Gold Trammell.

So I picked up this cards today that I don't know what it is. It's a 1996 Topps Frank Thomas Star Power #229 , base card, except with a gold sparkly background. Hard to see in the scan:

001.jpg

Seems familiar but I can't figure it out.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
The S2 seem to be impossible to find, due to everyone cutting back production for their Series 2 products that year. I recall another Trammell collector saying that copy that popped up was the only known Gold Trammell.

So I picked up this cards today that I don't know what it is. It's a 1996 Topps Frank Thomas Star Power #229 , base card, except with a gold sparkly background. Hard to see in the scan:

View attachment 65958

Seems familiar but I can't figure it out.

Ahh yea Series 2 that's what it was. Picked up these guys, both series 2..

Apr 13, 2010

One of the best $10 purchases I've made. Upper Deck always had (has? their hockey is still great) such good photography. I am a bit disappointed the card doesn't feature an action shot.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
The samples with the *** numbering has different photo than the crusade prototypes.

It's most clear for players who moved teams during the cardboard year, e.g., Pedro Martinez is featured as an Expo in his regular Crusade inserts and in his *** samples. However, in his CTA prototype he is in a Red Sox uni

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Well I drank the Kool Aid and grabbed a non numbered '99 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor to go with mine numbered /25. I wasn't happy with some surface scratches on and and to make matters worse my /25 had a crease that I never noticed when I purchased it years ago. Shame on me to never taking it out of the sellers holder and inspect it but it's a done deal now.

d9jv425f.jpeg

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Well I drank the Kool Aid and grabbed a non numbered '99 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor to go with mine numbered /25. I wasn't happy with some surface scratches on and and to make matters worse my /25 had a crease that I never noticed when I purchased it years ago. Shame on me to never taking it out of the sellers holder and inspect it but it's a done deal now.

d9jv425f.jpeg

The koolaid tastes and looks delicious, doesn't it? Think of it this way: the non-numbered version is probably quite a bit more rare ... great pickup! I have yet to find the /25 myself though :/

Members online