Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Increased USPS Shipping to Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Read this last night ... it appears USPS has once against jacked up prices for international mail, and I mean jacked up. A 1 oz. package from US to Canada is now over $6. This sucks for anyone who deals in hockey cards and regularly ships to Canada. Looks like my days of shipping low-dollar orders from Sportlots to Canada are over.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Holy XXXX. No one from Canada has bought anything on sportlots from me yet, but I'll def go update my shipping rates to Canada. Thanks for the heads up.

You are over reacting - You're looking up the wrong pricing
You can still send cards with the post office via First Class Mail international using Large Envelopes

Envelopes_zps9bf2da40.png

Here are their requirements for Large Envelopes
Must be rectangular.
Minimum size is either more than 11 1/2" long x 6 1/8" high OR 1/4" thick.
Maximum size is 15" long x 12" high x 3/4" thick.
Large envelopes that exceed these dimensions will be charged package rates.
Can weigh up to 64 oz.

It looks like the cost for NON MACHINEABLE up to 6 oz is $3.05 & .20 for each oz after that

Last edited:

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
A bubble to Canada will cost $6+. A bubble cannot ship via large envelope.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
You are over reacting - You're looking up the wrong pricing
You can still send cards with the post office via First Class Mail international using Large Envelopes

Envelopes_zps9bf2da40.png

Here are their requirements for Large Envelopes
Must be rectangular.
Minimum size is either more than 11 1/2" long x 6 1/8" high OR 1/4" thick.
Maximum size is 15" long x 12" high x 3/4" thick.
Large envelopes that exceed these dimensions will be charged package rates.
Can weigh up to 64 oz.

It looks like the cost for NON MACHINEABLE up to 6 oz is $3.05 & .20 for each oz after that

While that is accurate for envelopes ...

... Bubble Mailers are considered "rigid" mailers and rigid mailers must use the "Package" pricing:

"Package prices apply if any of these three dimensions are exceeded; if they are square, lumpy or rigid, have clasps or similar closures, have an address that is written parallel to the shorter edge, and if they are more than 6" long, 4 1/4" high, or less than 0.009" thick"

A bubble to Canada will cost $6+. A bubble cannot ship via large envelope.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I shipped to Canada using a #2 Bubble Envelope (8.5" x 12") w/ customs form @ 3.25 with no problem
using a 000 - 00 - 0 or even a 1 bubble envelope does not meet their min standards

edit #1 envelopes are 7.5" x 12" within USPS min standards
also note these are mailing envelopes they don't have the bubble on the inside
I put the card inside a 0 bubble envelope and then put that envelope into the #2 mailing envelope

Last edited:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
:mad:

The rates to the US from Canada Post have also been screwed with.

Want insurance? That will now cost you $15
I used to be able to send an insured envelope for $5-7.
However there was never tracking for less than $15. Now I'm double screwed. I always sent with insurance for anything over $50.

I ask for $7 shipping on ebay and pay the other half for anything over $100.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I signed up for the Global Shipping program thru EBAY.. I would like to see where I have to send my item to..

Can one of you Canucks make an offer on one of my cards and I'll let you know how that will work?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I just came on to complain about this - I just shipped (1) BGS card registered to Canada for... $20.05!!! It was over $7 for the regular delivery service.

Sadly I'm done selling to Canada unless buyers want to fork over the $20...

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
border guard ; Sir what's in the large bags ? reply "mail " , guard ; sir please step out of car your charged with smuggling mail for profit

Members online