Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Pinnacle Mint Coins Gold Redemption - Anyone have an example?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
My checklist shows it as a 1/1, so wasn't sure if it's the redeemed version or the version you actually send it... or is it a coin or a card? The entire thing is confusing me and I thought I'd open it up to the board and see if anyone has any insight or even one of their guy!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alex-Rodrig...f-a-Kind-/360780621594?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Each pack came with two coins and the checklist is identical to that of the cards. Each coin is available in the following metals.

• Brass
  • Nickel-Silver
  • 24K Gold Plated Brass
  • Solid Silver (limited to 20 coins)
  • Solid Gold (one-of-one)
The Solid Gold coins packed out as exchange cards.
Two versions of the Manny Ramirez Brass coin were distributed - an erroneous version with the words "FINE SILVER" on the back, and a corrected version. The "fine silver" version appears to be about four times tougher to find than the corrected.

calripkenjr

Feb 26, 2012
I have the Cal Ripken, Jr. along with the authentication letter. I bought it from a guy I met up with at a McDonald's in Michigan who purchased it from the original owner that pulled the redemption from the pack.

97PinnacleMintCoinsGoldRedemption4_16295685.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have the Cal Ripken, Jr. along with the authentication letter. I bought it from a guy I met up with at a McDonald's in Michigan who purchased it from the original owner that pulled the redemption from the pack.

View attachment 25572
Wow, that's beautiful. Do you mind sharing a picture of the back of it?

So it's safe to assume the redemption was something you sent in and this is what you received, I'm assuming.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

So it's safe to assume the redemption was something you sent in and this is what you received, I'm assuming.

heres the ARod back
$(KGrHqZ,!iwFCgF!qzPsBQvvHIU0G!~~60_57.JPG

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I wonder if all players had their's redeemed? I've never seen the Belle but that doesn't surprise me.

I have all the 1998 Belle coins other than the solid gold redemption

calripkenjr

Feb 26, 2012

Here is the back:

97PinnacleMintCoinsGoldRedemption4_16295685_back.jpg

I'm actually not sure what the redemption was. I've never seen it myself. I do have the authentication letter from Pinnacle though. I can scan that and put it up here this evening.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder if all players had their's redeemed? I've never seen the Belle but that doesn't surprise me.

I have all the 1998 Belle coins other than the solid gold redemption
Total Numbered to Odds
Solid Gold Coin Redemptions
one-of-one 1:47,200

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I've got pictures of the Griffey...but they arent any different than the others in this thread. If you want me to dig them up I can, i had an opportunity to buy it but had to pass at the time.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
he wanted more than its value in gold AND there was no certificate. Said his dad was VP at Pinnacle and thats how he got it...

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Impressive coins I would love to have the Jeter but I am sure it's in the hands of a crazy rich collector I am sure you are wishing you had bought the Griffey coin now. Anyone seen any of these sell on ebay?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Worthpoint shows (a best offer could of been accepted on BIN listings which would adjust these prices)

Dan Marino (FB) - $2400 9/13
Chris Osgood (HKY) - $475 3/14

That's all they have

Ryan

Tpaty14

Jun 14, 2015
Have been collecting these for years. Most information is based on small “he said she said stuff”, as when Pinnacle went under..that was that. They never released any official info on most of this stuff. I do know most 1 of 1 gold coins never made it in to the public’s hands via card redemption. I’ve read several stories ( besides the ones here), Of buying the coins from a family member of pinnacles ownership/mgmt. There’s a Troy Aikman that’s sat on eBay for years now, If anyone is dying for one of these.
As for the fine silver..at least for the 98 coins, no official mintage was released but its thought to be around 20 of each player. I can also confirm many of the 98 fine silvers never made it in to packs. Just completed my 98 fine silver set, my guess is there’s 5-6 complete sets out there. Coolest coin I own from pinnacle ..double faced fine silver error that has both Big Mac and Sosa on the same coin..likely one of a kind.

Attachments

• 40116273-8924-4123-AC74-53A5FAAD3A78.jpeg
    40116273-8924-4123-AC74-53A5FAAD3A78.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 41

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Have been collecting these for years. Most information is based on small “he said she said stuff”, as when Pinnacle went under..that was that. They never released any official info on most of this stuff. I do know most 1 of 1 gold coins never made it in to the public’s hands via card redemption. I’ve read several stories ( besides the ones here), Of buying the coins from a family member of pinnacles ownership/mgmt. There’s a Troy Aikman that’s sat on eBay for years now, If anyone is dying for one of these.
As for the fine silver..at least for the 98 coins, no official mintage was released but its thought to be around 20 of each player. I can also confirm many of the 98 fine silvers never made it in to packs. Just completed my 98 fine silver set, my guess is there’s 5-6 complete sets out there. Coolest coin I own from pinnacle ..double faced fine silver error that has both Big Mac and Sosa on the same coin..likely one of a kind.
So if I ever see the 24k gold Albert Belle show up on eBay it is likely backdoor since they were never released in packs or redemption? Interesting. I guess I will flag these as basically nonexistent.

Members online

Latest posts