Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Public Want-List Database?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
This may be a really silly question, but is there anyplace (here or elsewhere) that one can post their want-list with prices offering? (Like the short list in my sig). I think Beckett had (has?) this but I question how active or useful it'd be. eBay used to have something but it was practically hidden on their page.

Seems to me a database like this might really help both collectors and sellers. Or maybe I'm just a dummy.

Thoughts?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
One reason why it would be a bad idea is that anyone who posted really rare cards would probably be gouged.

eBay had a 'want it now' function, I wonder if it still exists.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I've seen a few threads like this over the years and while they are mean't to help find cards, typically they end up being filled up with 1/1, 1/5 and other extremely rare cards that likely would have surfaced at some point. The other downside is that once you post a price you'll pay, sellers typically want you to pay more. That's actually the reason I stopped posting my wants.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
True... good points. Selfishly I'm trying to figure out how to connect with people who have cards I want. I think most of my offer prices would be well above fair, but maybe you're right. On the other hand, how many people on this planet willing to pay $30 for the Special F/X Blue? Maybe there is someone else, but it's a strong offer and if someone had it, they wouldn't have to hunt for the other guy. Just sayin'.....

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I think this would be a function best paired up with a selling tool as well, preferably hooked up to a database, as with Beckett or COMC. That way sellers wouldn't have to individually check each of their cards to see if someone were looking for them, but, open listing them, either the person looking for the card or both parties (person with card, person looking for it) could be alerted to a match. Under this scenario, the only legwork required would be the owner of the selling platform creating such a want-list function, and users uploading and maintaining their lists. (Can you imagine if COMC also had an "auto-buy" feature that automatically had you purchase a card just listed, if it were at or below a predetermined price, and assuming you had sufficient store credit? That could potentially be very cool.)

@VizquelCollector.com, how many non-1/1 cards are you even missing now? The list in your signature is tough---of the last four cards, all shared by Gomes, I've seen 2, 1, 0 and 1 respectively. Needless to say, the F/X blue is frustrating.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
did you ever find that Vizquel 2004 black? I knew you had been looking for it for years.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I think this would be a function best paired up with a selling tool as well, preferably hooked up to a database, as with Beckett or COMC. That way sellers wouldn't have to individually check each of their cards to see if someone were looking for them, but, open listing them, either the person looking for the card or both parties (person with card, person looking for it) could be alerted to a match. Under this scenario, the only legwork required would be the owner of the selling platform creating such a want-list function, and users uploading and maintaining their lists. (Can you imagine if COMC also had an "auto-buy" feature that automatically had you purchase a card just listed, if it were at or below a predetermined price, and assuming you had sufficient store credit? That could potentially be very cool.)

@VizquelCollector.com, how many non-1/1 cards are you even missing now? The list in your signature is tough---of the last four cards, all shared by Gomes, I've seen 2, 1, 0 and 1 respectively. Needless to say, the F/X blue is frustrating.

I think that'd be very cool as well, but maybe not very realistic.

Only missing about 40 non-1/1's out of 2K or so. I've never seen any of the 6 in my sig anywhere, but I do know another collector who owns one of the Essential Credentials.

did you ever find that Vizquel 2004 black? I knew you had been looking for it for years.
Yep! Woke up one morning and checked eBay before work. There it was, and I think I paid about $35.

Members online

Latest posts