Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Essential Credentials Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comickaze

Apr 19, 2014
Welcome to the board! I am returning to the hobby after a long break and as I have been taking a nostalgic trip back to my collecting days, I have come across some cards that I am having trouble pricing due to the small number produced. Here's one in particular that I am hoping to get an estimate on..
Thanks; I look forward to spending time in the forums..

Comickaze

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 80

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
That would be a question more directed to the McGwire collectors here on the board. If I can remember, Bagwell was at the hundred mark. But My memory is shot, so... Grain of salt ;)

And welcome, BTW.

Stryk

Aug 7, 2008
I had a friend pull that card back when it came out. We were all amazed. I think he sold it, but don't remember for sure.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've been collecting Essential Credentials for years, focusing on 98s. Cards of major stars numbered in the teens and lower are very inconsistent in pricing as far as looking at ebay. One auction might end at $100 and another at $200, while a BIN for $300 might also get hit sometimes. Part of it is if two deep-pocketed collectors see it, and neither of them has it. The other part is...? For this particular card, I'd think a straight auction would in the $200 ballpark, but I could be off by 100%.

comickaze

Apr 19, 2014
Thanks..this is what I loved about being part of a collecting community! (And I knew the upside-down variant comment would be happening.;)

Thanks Smapdi..I saw ranges like that and figured as much..if a McGwire collector happens to chance upon the auction, it all depends on whether he has one of the other ten..

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I think this card would attract not only McGwire collectors but set collectors, there are many going after the 98 e-x2001 set...so I bet you could get $500 if your timing is right, to be honest. maybe more. just my two cents.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
On a card like this where you are looking for "the guy" I think it makes the most sense to list with a high Buy-It-Now price taking offers. It might take a little time, but there's a good chance the guy who has to have it comes along with a serious offer.

comickaze

Apr 19, 2014
Thanks! I led with my big one..now its all downhill from there..! Loved that series ..just pulled a Tony Clark Cheap Seats from another bag..haha

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Welcome to the board! I am returning to the hobby after a long break and as I have been taking a nostalgic trip back to my collecting days, I have come across some cards that I am having trouble pricing due to the small number produced. Here's one in particular that I am hoping to get an estimate on..
Thanks; I look forward to spending time in the forums..

Comickaze

His 1 of 16 sold in February of 2012 for $135.50. So a 1 of 11 in 2014, would be $300 plus if I had to guess a number. Great card no matter what.

Latest posts